What's new

Water-worn tool?

JohnDee1

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
314
Reaction score
474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind’ve debated about not posting this, but here I go. I found this in a small erosion stream that I usually don’t search. The object is kind’ve small, but the material is so nice. There appears to be no obvious signs of working, but maybe could it have been water-worn? Probably just another geofact, but thanks for considering! 31F6978B-2403-4B7C-A053-F27363EBAA93.webp830D72C7-449E-4BBD-878D-1DA5AE9FBA53.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it may have some edge work. Not sure about water wear. Some clear close ups of those edges would help.
 
Tough one; i,d kept it too.
 
It’s probably nothing, but here are some better photos. Thanks for the replies! A1AA14DB-1407-46DF-BBE4-99396311A57F.webp25F0E309-03FC-4D36-905C-E6D683019E82.webp
 
We get crude quartz points all the time here on VA. Could easily be a tip.
 
I have a lot of quartz points and that looks to be one as well nice find
 
Looks worked. I would like to see the wide end too.
 
Thanks for the replies! It is nice to maybe of finally found something. The object is kind’ve small, likely as suggested above making it a broken part or something. I tried taking a picture of the base, there doesn’t appear to working. Either that or it is rounded or broke? Thanks again for the responses! Would the base of been the wide end? 59E92D3E-F8DD-42C1-BC8A-3C6520FD49F9.webp
 
Sometimes quartz is good at hiding the details we are looking for. I’ll be honest, it’s hard to see evidence of flaking in that picture. I was thinking thumbnail scraper, if only the edge work was visible. The size is about right though.
 
Thanks for all the responses. You’re right about the absence of flaking on the base. I am not sure if it is anything, but as you said work marks are hard to see on quartz. I still hope it could be a tool of sorts, and I will definitely keep it. Thanks again!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom