WATERBURY Button Co. Web Site Update!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Fellow button fanciers...

I have been researching found buttons at the Waterbury Button Company's web site for a long time and found it easy to navigate and use as a research tool. Today when I logged on I found it has a new look!

Seems easy to use for research and I think it will continue to be a great tool for those of us who like to research old, lost, and unidentified buttons... The catagories are Career Uniform; Fashion; Military; Back codes; and a few others...

Check it out: http://www.waterburybutton.com/cart/pc/home.asp

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Added to my favorites.

:wink: RR

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a nice one this weekend

along with a few more pre civil war buttons - this one is a scoville waterbury - 1820/30 marine corp button

Attachments

• 1820marinecorp.jpg
    1820marinecorp.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,211

kakcsdad

Feb 5, 2007
cantonment, florida (pensacola)
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT stock and 5.3 coil
ok if you find the buttons on the site how do you date them. i found fasion:crowns#80900 and military eagle#15446.
where can i find somewhere to dte these even tho they may not be that old.
i called the waterbury place and they were of no help at all..

thanks for the help..

hh

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
kakcsdad said:
ok if you find the buttons on the site how do you date them. i found fasion:crowns#80900 and military eagle#15446.
where can i find somewhere to dte these even tho they may not be that old.
i called the waterbury place and they were of no help at all..

thanks for the help..

hh

The most reliable way to identify "when" the button was made is to determine the "back mark" details... here is a great and very basic list (see below) for Waterbury Buttons that should get you in the ball park... if it's not listed you can might consider it "modern". But - to be sure - post a picture of the button front and back in this button area or in the "what is it?" area - you'll get good responses.

THE WATURBURY COMPANIES
AARON BENEDICT 1812-1823
A. BENEDICT & CO. 1823-1829
BENEDICT & COE 1829-1834
BENEDICT & BURNHAM 1834-1843
BENEDICT & BURNHAM MFG CO. 1843-1849
WATERBURY BUTTON CO. 1849-1965
WATERBURY CO.S Post 1965

NOTE: Some other manufacturers were located in the town of Waterbury, CT and may have the word "Waterbury" on the back mark... Also - the above list does not adress the other varients like designs and lines and dots and stars and such... just the letters.

Here is the full link for your future reference... http://pw1.netcom.com/~jimyce/bm.html#T

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most reliable way to identify "when" the button was made is to determine the "back mark" details... here is a great and very basic list (see below) for Waterbury Buttons that should get you in the ball park... if it's not listed you can might consider it "modern". But - to be sure - post a picture of the button front and back in this button area or in the "what is it?" area - you'll get good responses.

THE WATURBURY COMPANIES

WATERBURY BUTTON CO. 1849-1965

NOTE: Some other manufacturers were located in the town of Waterbury, CT and may have the word "Waterbury" on the back mark... Also - the above list does not adress the other varients like designs and lines and dots and stars and such... just the letters.

Here is the full link for your future reference... Button Back Marks

That's a lot of years for one mark...any way to tell earlier from later ones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread