Waterproof Case for Deus Controller.

I'm on a 2 day trip into a mining ghost town this weekend. Its supposed to rain pretty heavily the whole time. Should be a good test for the case. And for my rain gear :)
Right on! Put it through the ringer and then let us know how it fares. I'm sure it'll come out unscathed.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the Aryca and similar clone case hints and suggestions. Mine is set to arrive today and I will put it through its paces on a rainy civil war site hunt in central VA this week. Besides the rain, the deus will be challenged by the highly mineralized soil there. I've learned a lot more about how the Deus should be set up under those conditions so hopefully will have better luck with it than last time. Even though I do have a PI detector that can handle the soil conditions and relic depth, the light weight setup to the Deus vs. that 8 lb PI monster (Garrett ATX) makes life A LOT easier under bad weather conditions and just in general, provided the Deus does PERFORM, however. We'll see.

Thanks everyone for the Aryca and similar clone case hints and suggestions. Mine is set to arrive today and I will put it through its paces on a rainy civil war site hunt in central VA this week. Besides the rain, the deus will be challenged by the highly mineralized soil there. I've learned a lot more about how the Deus should be set up under those conditions so hopefully will have better luck with it than last time. Even though I do have a PI detector that can handle the soil conditions and relic depth, the light weight setup to the Deus vs. that 8 lb PI monster (Garrett ATX) makes life A LOT easier under bad weather conditions and just in general, provided the Deus does PERFORM, however. We'll see.
Can't wait to hear back to see how it does.

As for the ATX, I almost bought one. Got the Deus instead, with the weight being the biggest factor.

Good luck on your hunt and bring us back a CS plate or two. :)

Can't wait to hear back to see how it does.

As for the ATX, I almost bought one. Got the Deus instead, with the weight being the biggest factor.

Good luck on your hunt and bring us back a CS plate or two. :)

Thanks, that would be a dream find of course, but I'll even settle for a few dropped bullets and some intact buttons (CS flavor would be nice but lets not get too greedy) based on my finds from last time, which were pretty modest to say the least. Still had a great time digging even the farm iron and pinging on that occasional brass target, which always gets the blood pumping. I have a different strategy this time as well, so we'll see how it works out. Thanks for the well wishes.

Ok folks, just got the Aryca Wave in and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The whole thing is built really well. The plastic is about an eighth of an inch thick. It's thick enough that you can clock somebody upside the head with it and it won't break. And, like the waterproof pouch I received the other day, you're not going to open this thing accidentally. As for the fit, if it was any smaller, it would be too tight. If it was any larger, it would be too loose. I got nothing bad at all to say about the fit. No jiggle room at all. I like it...

That being said, here are a few pics:

f27bfbaeaaac69534dd0b6ae3f3521c1.jpg

ffe49f70f879300868765bdffea42bbf.jpg

69b2fff80ee3d9cd5930dfbd9582724f.jpg

4fd75dab33c2de0f941bb1b2bc97ce9c.jpg

All in all, I'm more than glad I made this purchase - both purchases, actually. The pouch is nice if you wanna lighten up the Deus even further and wear the controller around your neck. The Aryca Wave is nice if you wanna see the numbers. They both have their uses. And both seem to be highly waterproof.

I hope my reviews have helped someone. If so, then my work here is done.

Now to go get myself some Gorilla Glue and get this thing mounted. :)

Last edited:
Ok folks, just got the Aryca Wave in and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The whole thing is built really well. The plastic is about an eighth of an inch thick. It's thick enough that you can clock somebody upside the head with it and it won't break. And, like the waterproof pouch I received the other day, you're not going to open this thing accidentally. As for the fit, if it was any smaller, it would be too tight. If it was any looser, it would be too loose. I got nothing bad at all to say about the fit. No jiggle room at all. I like it...

All in all, I'm more than glad I made this purchase - both purchases, actually. The pouch is nice if you wanna lighten up the Deus even further and wear the controller around your neck. The Aryca Wave is nice if you wanna see the numbers. They both have their uses. And both seem to be highly waterproof.

Excellent pictures and info laidback4sho! Honestly, I wish this whole post existed when I got my Tide case. That thing fits awesome. Sand the back of the case in the area you're going to glue it to make it stick better. Looks awesome man.

Excellent pictures and info laidback4sho! Honestly, I wish this whole post existed when I got my Tide case. That thing fits awesome. Sand the back of the case in the area you're going to glue it to make it stick better. Looks awesome man.
Good idea, rough it up a bit to make it stick better. I'll pick up some sandpaper while I'm at it.

Thanks. :)

Got the tide case just before my trip (so I am strictly using it around the neck on this trip since I didn't have time to make the mount mod) and it came in really handy. We are getting rain so I just popped the remote off the pole and plopped it into the wave (upside down so I can see it when I pick it up to view the vdi, like someone wearing a stopwatch around their neck). Worked in a pinch, but would love to just do the mount mod and keep it in the case full time. The soft gel front works great for hitting the remote buttons. Very well thought out. Thanks again for the tips everyone. Oh, no CS plates yet, but this farmer ain't going to have to worry about throwing any big iron junk, because the Deus is finding it all. Moving to a different area tomorrow and hopefully will have better luck. Not blaming the Deus, it is hitting everything I am passing the coil over (I tested it out with some of my own test finds and it was working great). Am using Gold Field with GB on tracking for target depth and then switch to one of two custom relic programs I set up (one at 8 khz and one at 12 khz) to try to zero in on the type of target. It is working pretty well (compared to how I was doing things last time), just need to pass my coil over some relics, ha!

Well good luck on the finds. If it's down there, the Deus can find it.

Last edited:
2 days in the pouring rain and the case I posted above was flawless. Super muddy and wet. At 7.99 it's a steal. Also branded Aryca but says not for sale in North or South America. Probably a copy, but it totally does the trick.

Just wanted to resurrect this thread in case someone was going to get one of the ARYCA cases for their Deus controller. Word of warning - I was not paying close enough attention and picked up the Wave 2 case instead of the Wave case. Note that the Wave 2 case is not thick enough to house the Deus controller, the case will not shut with Deus controller inside it. The Wave case DOES work, just not the Wave 2 case.

Just wanted to resurrect this thread in case someone was going to get one of the ARYCA cases for their Deus controller. Word of warning - I was not paying close enough attention and picked up the Wave 2 case instead of the Wave case. Note that the Wave 2 case is not thick enough to house the Deus controller, the case will not shut with Deus controller inside it. The Wave case DOES work, just not the Wave 2 case.

Get the one in my link above. 7.99. Free delivery. I had it out today in sideways rain and mud for about 3 hours. Cane home and rinsed it off in the sink with the remote inside. Bone dry. Totally flawless.

The XP Metal one is not much more expensive... very well made!

I have the xp one too. I just don't like having to wear it. I've taken the clip cover that comes with the Deus where the remote sits on the shift and glued it to the back of the aryca case.

Ok folks, just got the Aryca Wave in and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The whole thing is built really well. The plastic is about an eighth of an inch thick. It's thick enough that you can clock somebody upside the head with it and it won't break. And, like the waterproof pouch I received the other day, you're not going to open this thing accidentally. As for the fit, if it was any smaller, it would be too tight. If it was any larger, it would be too loose. I got nothing bad at all to say about the fit. No jiggle room at all. I like it...

Hi LB , I want to purchase one of these cases , can you give me the make and model of the phone , or item that you ordered yours for or maybe a part number ?

Hi LB , I want to purchase one of these cases , can you give me the make and model of the phone , or item that you ordered yours for or maybe a part number ?
Sure thing. It's that top one right there. I selected the "8 offers from 20.00" thing and found one, new, for a little over 20 bucks.

9b87486f61c30baec3571825d82d2b7b.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the case that I posted previously from eBay at 7.99

Attachments

• 1461333098116.jpg
    1461333098116.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 1461333120028.jpg
    1461333120028.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 198
Here are a couple of pictures of the case that I posted previously from eBay at 7.99

7.99? Now that's what I call a steal there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back