What's new

Waterproofing a pin-pointer

kwebersole

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
42
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
PA, Lititz
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everybody, does anybody know how to waterproof the Bounty Hunter pinpointer or if it is even possible? Thanks for any info.
 
zip look bag doubled up



liftloop
 
Yup...Best Bet is to wrap it twice and roll the dice!
 
ok thanks i will try that
 
Buy a Garrett, and you won't have to worry about waterproofing.
 
Buy a Garrett, and you won't have to worry about waterproofing.
..... hhh.webp
 
got over two years with a harbor freight and even adjusted for more depth
but the white's trx caught my eye...
 
and a garret pointer is not water prof it can be rinsed under water not submerged under water
 
Well, I don't agree. Yes it probably would be best if one covered the speaker hole. However, I've used mine in 2 feet of water several time without damage!
 
Never tried it, but how about a vacuum sealer.
 
Don't know about waterproofing, but my Garret could die tomorrow and I would have no complaints. It is the best, I think.
 
Well, I don't agree. Yes it probably would be best if one covered the speaker hole. However, I've used mine in 2 feet of water several time without damage!
So you're saying you took a factory pro pointer and used it 2 feet under water? Is yours a special edition pro pointer I haven't heard of yet? Just asking because I wouldn't want to see anyone ruining theirs by using it under water.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom