Waxahachie

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Russell40 said:
I live near Waxahachie and I'm looking for someone to detect with. I havent done any real detecting in probably 15 years or more and I just purchased a new machine.
Please contact me if you're interested!
Thanks,
Russell
email me for a contact information

Sorry Russell, don't live near there....but wanted to welcome you to TreasureNet! Won't take you much to get back into the game! Someone on here lives in that area I am certain, so you'll get a group together in no time!! happy hunting!

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Hi, Russell. Did you mention the park that has been there since 1890? I read it is has a historical marker there. Does that mean its off-limits to mding? Also, couldn't find any mention about rules in the public parks. Have any idea? Sounds like any interesting place to check out.
dustbuster

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Galveston Daily News
Galveston, Texas
16 June 1869

The "Waxahachic Argus" says that town has 12 dry goods stores, 3 drug stores, 1 family grocery, 2 saddle shops, 1 carriage shop, 2 wagon shops, 3 blacksmith shops, 1 tin shop, 1 cabinet shop, 1 steam flouring mill, 2 shoe and boot shops, 1 tailor shop, 1 barber shop, 1 lager beer saloon, 3 doctors, 9 lawyers, 1 broker's office, 2 churches, an excellent slaughter house, but it is sorry to say, neither courthouse nor jail.

.....I'm sure you probably know all this...but thought I would share anyways. Hope you find someone in your area to hunt with!!!
Annmarie

PS: Welcome to TNet!!!

OP
OP
R

Russell40

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2008
Thanks for the info! I'm aware of some of these places, however over the years many of the places have been covered over with new construction. There are no restrictions at this time for using MD's. My new MD arrived yesterday afternoon and I'm going to try it out this weekend.
What many people don't know is that Waxahachie had a gunpowder mill that supplied powder to the CSA. It exploded midway through the Northern War of Aggression. Now most of the sight is covered two newer buildings.
Thanks again,
Russell
PS. I've had no luck locationg anyone to hunt with.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Always interested in going out detecting! I am in Dallas, but don't mind driving to hunt!
Baggins

OP
OP
R

Russell40

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2008
I apologize about not getting back with everyone, I've been out of town and I'm looking forward to hunting with some of you!
Russell

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
No problem, just keep me in the loop!
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread