Way out there-thought I would share this-Mysterious Rod / UFO on video

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a video I made. At 4:32 into the video watch what fly's in front of the GoPro camera. Freeze it, look at the object. If you have not heard of Mysterious Rods, Flying Skyfish look it up online and compare pictures to this. I saw a show on these on TV so I knew what is was. See for yourself. I did not see anything while I was riding and actually posted the video before I went back and actually looked to see what flew in front of the camera. I thought it was a bat or nighthawk, was I wrong.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Catch :laughing7:

yes it is definitely a Unidentified Flying Object
but I'd guess it's a living object from earth.
bird, or bug going by very fast, you can see it's wings flap.
by size I say bird

I'll try to get some Screen shots for you

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ufo.jpg ufo1.jpg
ufo2.jpg ufo3.jpg

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool catch canamrider- there is an insect called a 'walking stick' - I wonder if it can fly? After looking at jeff of pa's frame shots, the second frame looks like two bats- one chasing the other. Nice frame shots jeff of pa, surely is moving fast.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool catch canamrider- there is an insect called a 'walking stick' - I wonder if it can fly? After looking at jeff of pa's frame shots, the second frame looks like two bats- one chasing the other. Nice frame shots jeff of pa, surely is moving fast.

My thought was 2 bats also. they look white though which is throwing me off.
of course the headlights & speed may cause the color change.

definitely not a walking stick, too large. I'm not even sure a large Flutter (night moth)
would look that large & fast.
plus most Flutters spiral all over not a straight line

Last edited:

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it isn't anything exotic. It is a moth! Some time back, some folks digitally filming an entrance to a cave, noticed the same type of objects. A second team went in with film cameras, and caught the same objects flying around; they were clearly moths. After some real deep thinking, and a bit of probing into MP3 and MP4 video algorithms, it was determined to be an artifact of the compression technique used. While all of us would like to put some mysteriousness, UFO-esque thingy, and conspiracy theory to the"objects", the truth—as always—lies elsewhere.

OP
OP
C

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through the video and found at least two more "flybys" and will be posting a better youtube video. It will show this in slow motion and with snapshots. Not bats for sure, the other two flybys show a long and narrow body coming straight at me. Nobody knows what these are. Look up "Mysterious Rods" or "Flying Skyfish" the debate goes on. I doubt they are just moths or there would be pictures and actual findings of them, but just my opinion.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If you noticed, It took less than a second to cross the frame So it's like moving a flashlight across a still shot. What you are seeing is in effect all the wing flapping action as it in effect crosses a still shot. You can even see where the wings reversed as a heaver impression because they were there longer. Yes I saw the video where the cave shots were analyzed. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you noticed, It took less than a second to cross the frame So it's like moving a flashlight across a still shot. What you are seeing is in effect is all the wing flapping action as it in effect crosses a still shot. You can even see where the wings reversed as a heaver impression because they were there longer. Yes I saw the video where the cave shots were analyzed. Frank...

Yes I can see now. the combination of the speed of the vehicle & the Moth,
could cause a straight line. so it could be

OP
OP
C

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a better video, it will show 4 "flybys" My speed on the ATV was around 5 mph during this video. I am not an expert on any of this, I just captured this very rare phenomenon. Whatever these things are, they are thin, long and very fast, able to judge their speed and the ATV speed with the lights at night and not just fly into the lights. One of them must have gone completely under the ATV. Here it is:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok My final word on this, as I do not argue especially
when I know I am right :tongue3: & actually do not like when others do either,
so I will lead by Example

first one was a Bug, second I couldn't see so probably Bug,
3rd was a bug. & forth most likely 1 bat & because of speed looked like 2
the streak was due to a trail , being normal cameras cannot
seperate frames of things going that fast.

Still nice camera work. looks almost professional :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a tad unusual! They do look long and skinny, the head part looks kinda large and whiter than the rest of the body.

I Can't view second your second video yet, would like to see it. I'm sure there is an explanation I just don't know what it is!

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I've seen the 'cave vid' too...strange? Even swallows, in high-speed dives couldn't catch'em!!. Never seen moths/bugs/bats faster than that!, plus...it looks like a single 'cork screw', spiral, body length 'fin'..not wings? Very odd..what ever it is.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Let me take one more shot at explaining this. I use to do video, but mostly stills.
Here's what you are seeing. One frame of the video, at the beginning of the 1:13 second shows one bug in there when the frame shot starts and the bug takes two flaps of it's wings before that frame ends. The lighter areas of it's body are where it momentarily slowed while the wings returned. The spirals are actually the different positions of his wings as he flaps. It's like if you take a still shot at a slow shutter speed and you get a blurr. To prove this to yourself, get someone to take a picture of you at a slow shutter speed, or a time exposure in a dark area with a moving flashlight. You can actually write your name on the frame with the flashlight.
Well that's my best shot at explaining it. Frank...

split cup.jpg

Hay, images are not always what they appear to be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, next time I'm out there and get abducted to space I will ask you to send me those camera directions again..................

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the forums filter is censoring certain word/s in the link :(
so unfortunately it won't work.

perhaps that site uses that word to decrease link sharing :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I believe the forums filter is censoring certain word/s in the link :(
so unfortunately it won't work.

perhaps that site uses that word to decrease link sharing :dontknow:

WOW! I tried to sidestep the issue by going to the browser on my home page. There were about 7M listings about missile launches from Nike/Ajax to the new F35 air to air test firing. Are you saying you can't say missle here? Hay maybe the misspell will make it! Frank...

Attachments

• STILL LIFE 5 028.jpg
    STILL LIFE 5 028.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 61

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread