We must be insane!!!!!!!! ****UPDATED BELOW 2 VERY, VERY NICE SUPRIZES SO FAR***

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Attachments

• 3-13-09coins.jpg
    3-13-09coins.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,358
Upvote 0
Re: We must be insane!!!!!!!!

Shake I am insane but you take it too a whole other level. My gosh you have to find some goodies like that. Any 2009's you should hold onto and sell bud. Just ask Txtim.

Golden Silver

wow. I get burned out going though one box at a time! But then again, I hoard all copper and even separate by year/mint so that does consume cycles

Why is this post in bold? Did I do something to make this a bold font? Argh the internets.

Congratulations on the search which should yield you quite a few goodies. Cant wait to see the final score!

Yep your a loon. Must be on some good drugs for your back LOL. Have you been to realcent? There was guys over there picking up 40 boxes at a time, then weighing them and sorting the lightest ones first cause they couldn't sort them all even with rydales. Saw a pic of what looked like a pallet of bricks only they were penny boxes. Be good to your eyes. HH Mark

SNB, you are crazy man. I see a IH in your future.... Can't wait to see the results.... :thumbsup:

WOOHOO!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Silver Stripe said:
Yep your a loon. Must be on some good drugs for your back LOL. Have you been to realcent? There was guys over there picking up 40 boxes at a time, then weighing them and sorting the lightest ones first cause they couldn't sort them all even with rydales. Saw a pic of what looked like a pallet of bricks only they were penny boxes. Be good to your eyes. HH Mark

Yes I have been to realcent. Actually just joined the other day. Right now I ma doing about 36 pennies boxes a week plus a few other boxes(dimes, nickels, halves). As soon as I get a Ryedale I am upping my penny searching to at least 60 boxes a week. :thumbsup: And with the ryedale I will also be able to up my other boxes. I should be at about 60 boxes a week searching. Wow now that I just typed that, boy that seems like a lot. LOL!! ::) With this batch I should be breaking the 4,000 wheat mark for the year. Not bad for the first three months and I even took a month off with my back.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

That really does look like a good time to me. ;D

Good luck, can't wait to hear what you find.

How many banks do you order from to get that many boxes?

I order cent/penny boxes 3 or 4 at a time from one bank. I don't know if the other banks would allow me to order more. Any coins I search I have to re-roll them to return to the banks. I wish there was a coin machine in just one of the banks around here. lol

Pennyworth said:

I order cent/penny boxes 3 or 4 at a time from one bank. I don't know if the other banks would allow me to order more. Any coins I search I have to re-roll them to return to the banks. I wish there was a coin machine in just one of the banks around here. lol

I actually use one bank right now. I was using two branches from the one bank, but one of the managers helped out at the other branch and saw that I was ordering form both banks she said if it was easier for me I could just order everything I wanted from on bank, OK!!! They get there deliveries every Tues. and Thurs. which they order 20 boxes each day. I am lucky that my source bank and dump bank are so great, if they weren't I wouldn't be doing the quantity that I am. I asked my source bank if they would have a problem fullfilling 60 boxes of cents a week they said no problem, they pay a flat rate fee no matter how many boxes they order a week from the carrier.

Totals will be out later today... I have a few suprizes, but you will have to wait and see :wink:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

salaloid said:
What are you planning to do with this nice hoard of wheats?
We are supposed to do something with them! :icon_scratch: No, just kidding. My goal is to complete a set of lincolns, but the chance of finding the 1909s VDM is slim and none. So I plan on selling or trading other wheats to get the coins I am missing for the set. This way I am still getting the set from CRHing. Then eventually start trading up to get an Mint State RED set of Lincolns. I have all of the 1950's and some of the 1940's in MS RED grade already and they were all found CRHing.

Thanks for the comments,
Jason

Shake-N-Bake said:
Pennyworth said:

I actually use one bank right now. I was using two branches from the one bank, but one of the managers helped out at the other branch and saw that I was ordering form both banks she said if it was easier for me I could just order everything I wanted from on bank, OK!!! They get there deliveries every Tues. and Thurs. which they order 20 boxes each day. I am lucky that my source bank and dump bank are so great, if they weren't I wouldn't be doing the quantity that I am. I asked my source bank if they would have a problem fullfilling 60 boxes of cents a week they said no problem, they pay a flat rate fee no matter how many boxes they order a week from the carrier.

Totals will be out later today... I have a few suprizes, but you will have to wait and see :wink:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I can't wait!!

i wanta know the results, your cent pictures and totals always amaze me and i love reading about them. how do you manage to get rid of 40 boxes of pennies in a resanable amount of time?

bourassa5 said:
i wanta know the results, your cent pictures and totals always amaze me and i love reading about them. how do you manage to get rid of 40 boxes of pennies in a resanable amount of time?

The easiest way to get rid of 40 boxes is sort the copper out, sell that for a small premium. The rest see picture below(own your own coin sorter-counter and bag up your own returns) :thumbsup:

OK some of the results so far..... Two real nice suprizes and two of the first I have ever seen in the wild.

Two 1858 flying eagles :icon_sunny: never thought I would ever get one let alone two in the same day!!!!

Also got a few old Canadians, 1920 x 2, and 1932

aslo have a lot of wheats but I am not doen so I haven't totaled them up yet.

Enjoy the pictures and will do a final total tomorrow!

Jason

Attachments

• minisort1.jpg
    minisort1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 3-14-09coins.jpg
    3-14-09coins.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,065
  • minisort1.jpg
    minisort1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,061

Top Member Reactions