Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was contacted by one of my equipment dealers here in Ontario on Monday, as he knows I metal detecting as a hobby. He told me, “that one of his workers had lost their wedding ring in 12 – 18” of snow while cutting logs on his property.” I told him, "that I’d swing by on Wednesday to see if I could find it." When I arrived at the site, I had to wait for the workers to move the machinery as it was creating too much background noise for my detector. About five minutes after they moved the log loader, I got a solid ’80’ on my Deus. I called the owner over and let him pop his ring out of the snow… was he ever happy! :hello2:

The day that he lost the ring, he went to a local hardware store and bought a detector for $500. But when he returned to the site, he said “that he couldn’t hear anything with the unit.” My first thought was… “did you remember to put the batteries in?” :icon_scratch:The owner was very grateful, likely due to the fact, that he didn’t have to tell his wife he’d lost it. :laughing7:

Thanks for looking,
Dave

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 05-10-23 Google Maps.png
20220119_101258.jpg
20220119_113359.jpg
20220119_112240.jpg
20220119_112343.jpg

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacted by one of my equipment dealers here in Ontario on Monday, as he knows I metal detecting as a hobby. He told me, “that one of his workers had lost their wedding ring in 12 – 18” of snow while cutting logs on his property.” I told him, "that I’d swing by on Wednesday to see if I could find it." When I arrived at the site, I had to wait for the workers to move the machinery as it was creating too much background noise for my detector. About five minutes after they moved the log loader, I got a solid ’80’ on my Deus. I called the owner of the ring over and let him pop his ring out of the snow… was he ever happy! :hello2:

The day that he lost the ring, he went to a local hardware store and bought a detector for $500. But when he returned to the site, he said “that he couldn’t hear anything with the unit.” My first thought was… “did you remember to put the batteries in?” :icon_scratch:The owner was very grateful, likely due to the fact, that he didn’t have to tell his wife he’d lost it. :laughing7:

Thanks for looking,
Dave

View attachment 2004562 View attachment 2004563 View attachment 2004564 View attachment 2004565 View attachment 2004566
Good job. Good deeds and actions like that give metal detecting some good publicity and a good name. Well done.

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job. Good deeds and actions like that give metal detecting some good publicity and a good name. Well done.
Thanks very much traveller. :thumbsup:

Dave, wtg I knew you'd ace it!
Thank you Bill, it's such a great feeling when we can help someone in need like this.

Good on you!
Thanks CD.

Thank you RC.

Way to save the day, Antiquarian.
Thanks WD, hope you and your husband are feeling better these days. :icon_thumleft:

Double thumbs up and I will have a shot or 2.... maybe 4.. in your honor!!!!:headbang:
Did you figure out why his newly purchased Bounty Hunter didn't get the job done?
Thanks for your post Viking. I don't think he knew how to use the settings, I didn't really ask him about his 'detecting experience'. But we all remember how frustrating it was when we got our first detector. :icon_scratch:

WTG Dave great save and return. Congratulations :occasion14::occasion14:
Thanks Jim, I found it funny that he hadn't told his wife that he'd lost it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave great post and great detail Voting Honorable Mention on your beautiful recovery
Thank you so much Bill. :occasion14:
It's such a great feeling when you see how excited adults get when you're able to find an item that's dear to them.

Hope you have a great year,
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread