Week totals and "the missing silver"

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
image-2614084332.jpg

I was skunked on two out of three dime boxes but the 3 40%'s I found in teller trays and the 4 from CWR make up for it. Now a quick little story:

I was stoping by my last bank for the day. I did not feel like going inside since I was just asking for the few halves that may be sitting in their treys. The commercial line was in use so I pulled up to the next lane over and asked for halves. They had one and sent it up the chute to me. As I was reaching for the little tube container I got a phone call. It was my mom so I decided that I should answer it. I was talking to her as took the envelope that contained the half and two quarters out of the container. I could here silver as i picked up. I ripped open the envelope with my free hand and then set it down on the seat next to me while I rolled up the window. As I set the envelope down the half and the quarters fell out. One quarter fell on the seat and the other in between the crack of the seat and the console. I could not reach the second quarter And I assumed that the half had fallen down the crack as well. I just decided to get them when I got home. Well I got home and found the quarter, but the half was nowhere to be found. I looked for a good 15 minutes last night and then some more today. My silver ear is pretty good so I am about 99% sure it was silver. Not only does it suck that I can't find it but will never really know if it was silver. Other than that it was a pretty good week for me.

Upvote 0
Ah that elusive silver half, aren't we all looking for it lol, hope you find it there Dimes, nice little pile you got there this week! HH, Maverick.

For some reason, a clad half mixed with clad quarters in a bank envelope will often sound very "silvery". I have no idea why. Its happened to me a few times. So don't be shocked if its clad when you find it. Hope its silver though! :icon_thumright:

For some reason, a clad half mixed with clad quarters in a bank envelope will often sound very "silvery". I have no idea why. Its happened to me a few times. So don't be shocked if its clad when you find it. Hope its silver though! :icon_thumright:
Haha yeah I have had it happen to my a few times too. That is why I am a little bit more positive that it was a silver. I has caused some doubts in my mind though. I just still don't know how I still have not found it. Silver or clad this half just disappeared.

44_Dimes said:
Haha yeah I have had it happen to my a few times too. That is why I am a little bit more positive that it was a silver. I has caused some doubts in my mind though. I just still don't know how I still have not found it. Silver or clad this half just disappeared.

Magician coin?????

One more in the picture and you would of had a pyramid. Good finds, the dimes are being replaced by the 2012p's dawg. 2012 dimes keep on-a-skunking my boxes.

View attachment 713167

I was skunked on two out of three dime boxes but the 3 40%'s I found in teller trays and the 4 from CWR make up for it. Now a quick little story:

I was stoping by my last bank for the day. I did not feel like going inside since I was just asking for the few halves that may be sitting in their treys. The commercial line was in use so I pulled up to the next lane over and asked for halves. They had one and sent it up the chute to me. As I was reaching for the little tube container I got a phone call. It was my mom so I decided that I should answer it. I was talking to her as took the envelope that contained the half and two quarters out of the container. I could here silver as i picked up. I ripped open the envelope with my free hand and then set it down on the seat next to me while I rolled up the window. As I set the envelope down the half and the quarters fell out. One quarter fell on the seat and the other in between the crack of the seat and the console. I could not reach the second quarter And I assumed that the half had fallen down the crack as well. I just decided to get them when I got home. Well I got home and found the quarter, but the half was nowhere to be found. I looked for a good 15 minutes last night and then some more today. My silver ear is pretty good so I am about 99% sure it was silver. Not only does it suck that I can't find it but will never really know if it was silver. Other than that it was a pretty good week for me.

I lost a 1965 Kennedy in my car. It slipped under some molding and I still have not found it! I still have the car and I will get it back before I sell or trade it!

I lost a 1965 Kennedy in my car. It slipped under some molding and I still have not found it! I still have the car and I will get it back before I sell or trade it!

I removed the carpeting from the car and found some cents and a 1978 Irish 5 pence (a new coin for me). It must have come from CRHing in the car. This was about 6 months ago.

Maybe I missed something, why were there also quarters in the envelope?

Look at nite with a flash light that works better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back