What's new

Weekend finds

Wallhangers

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
897
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is getting ridiculous. Every storm or rain shower seems to be missing our area this year. I have a lot of fields that I can't effectively hunt because they have been planted but the dirt is still clumpy and not washed down. The crops are growing fast so running out of time. I have a few fields that have been running irrigation but still not washed down great. So anyway, here's a few finds over the weekend. Took a lot of walking to find these. I think my favorite is the black scraper that I think is obsidian, and a few other scrapers and some points. Thanks for looking.


 
Upvote 0
I know what you mean about the rain! I walked for 6 hours almost gave up and the last 30 mins I found 5 makes the sweat, and gnats all worth it! Thanks for sharing!

Johnathan Griswold
 
<bifurcate fan nice
 
in my area of florida it might take an entire year to find that many points. you are blessed.
 
if you are ever interested in some florida artifacts I would be happy for a trade
 
<bifurcate fan nice
Thanks. Looking in the overstreet book, I see a similar one called Maccorkle but it is early archaic. Any more info on what you would call this one?
 
if you are ever interested in some florida artifacts I would be happy for a trade
I would be interested but never let go of anything I personally find. Occassionally I pick up some that others find and if I do, I will get back in touch with you. Anything in particular you are looking for?
 
really any points in general I'm from an area where stone material was almost non existent any that is here had to be transported in. alot of bone and shell tools
 
Thanks. Looking in the overstreet book, I see a similar one called Maccorkle but it is early archaic. Any more info on what you would call this one?

Fox valley :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom