What's new

Weekend finds

SCrocks

Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
954
Reaction score
1,554
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a little rain so I took Friday off and walked about 5 hours and about 3 hours today. Picked up a few decent Guilfords and a few nice triangles along with a good many broke pieces. 1911 wheat penny. Thanks for the look and good hunting-
005 (1024x768).webp009 (1024x768).webp012 (1024x768).webp001 (1024x768).webp002 (1024x768).webp003 (1024x768).webp004 (1024x768).webp
 
Upvote 0
That is a serious haul...nice hunt for sure!
 
Wow nice, wish I could find stuff without digging.
 
Wow! The rain was good to you! Congrats!
 
Wow! Those are great finds!
HH
dts
 
The rain had those popping out of the ground, some nice pieces
 
Anyone who can find, in eight hours, what takes me one year to find surface hunting, has earned my eternal envy, lol.......
 
Now that's pretty impressive
 
Awesome finds!
 
As usual nobody has hit that field before you. Id hate to walk it after you did if you can spot the white ones in that cotton field. I have trouble seeing them and most of the ones I find are dark in color. So why are the bigger triangles broke in half 1st pic? Cow field or deer?
 
Thanks folks
Rock I have been hunting this farm for about 15 years. Most times it's no till. Has a few different fields( about 200 acres total) most are planted year around but they didn't plant this fall because of the drought. Some were plowed in the spring and when the cotton was harvested and mowed it wasn't to messy. Most of the small triangles come from two spots about 10 acres total. It's likely a lot of these fields have been plowed since the 1700's so a lot have been broke up. Calling for a good rain tonight here. Haven't looked all of the place yet. Good hunting-
 
Thanks folks
Rock I have been hunting this farm for about 15 years. Most times it's no till. Has a few different fields( about 200 acres total) most are planted year around but they didn't plant this fall because of the drought. Some were plowed in the spring and when the cotton was harvested and mowed it wasn't to messy. Most of the small triangles come from two spots about 10 acres total. It's likely a lot of these fields have been plowed since the 1700's so a lot have been broke up. Calling for a good rain tonight here. Haven't looked all of the place yet. Good hunting-

We got a total of 5 inches of rain since last week. Hoping to find a few myself
 
That is incredible. You found more in it two days that I did all summer and fall. Congrats!
 
We got a total of 5 inches of rain since last week. Hoping to find a few myself

Well I went and thats about all I can say. Wasnt worth the cold wind unless you count a couple of scrapers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom