weekend hunt finds

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Here is some pics of my hunt from this weekend . I found the Bracelet on Saturday along with 2 wheat's the bracelet weighs 16.9 grams. I hunted both days with Richard had a great time. today we went on a roadtrip the first couple hours were kind of slow. then I found the 45 merc along with a 41 nickle . right next to it was a war nickel. later in the day I went back to a house that I have had some good luck at. I found the sterling beltbuckle and a 1917s merc this has to be the deepest merc I have ever dug 10" plus . Didn't even sound like silver and it is a white color . Also dug a neat pin and a 47s Rosie here is some info on the pin .
http://www.ohs.org/education/oregon...fm?doc_ID=34AAC7E2-F378-1019-FD50ED546769788E
i also found a brass shotgun shell and a pin to the 1934 Chicago worlds fair thx for looking HH

Attachments

• DSCN0074 (2).JPG
    DSCN0074 (2).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 576
  • DSCN0076.JPG
    DSCN0076.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 585
  • DSCN0077.JPG
    DSCN0077.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 572
  • DSCN0078 (2).JPG
    DSCN0078 (2).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN0081.JPG
    DSCN0081.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCN0082.JPG
    DSCN0082.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 577
  • DSCN0084.JPG
    DSCN0084.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0

sodiumrye

Dec 27, 2008
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Still swinging my old Garrett master hunter ADS2
Sweet finds but I have to ask, is that a probe gouge on the 45 dime? If it is I feel your pain, a few years ago I was hunting a trashy lot and wasn't being careful and ripped a gully right across a 1927 s standing liberty that was a very strong fine. I still get a sick feeling in my gut when i think about it. But it was a lesson I havent forgot and why it takes me for ever to find deep coins.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a fun hunt this weekend and you did very well
with the silver, wheats and the artifacts.....congratulations!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info on the LLLL pin..... never seen one of those before.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

OP
OP
RONC(OR)

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
sodiumrye said:
Sweet finds but I have to ask, is that a probe gouge on the 45 dime? If it is I feel your pain, a few years ago I was hunting a trashy lot and wasn't being careful and ripped a gully right across a 1927 s standing liberty that was a very strong fine. I still get a sick feeling in my gut when i think about it. But it was a lesson I havent forgot and why it takes me for ever to find deep coins.
I looked at it though a loop and there is some black tarnish in the nick it was in with a 41 nickle and didnt sound silver at all I thought it was a key good thing it is a 45 lol HH

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice silver!!!!...i dug shotgun shells all weekend...

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW Ron! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Such great finds! VERY NICE!! Hopefully I can get out detecting with you next weekend!

8^)

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Outstanding Ron, you guys sure have some sweet spots to hunt!

HH
Neil

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Ron. Congrats on the one super deepie...as those kinds of finds are very meaningful. I bet that big silver buckle blew your ears off :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RONC(OR)

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
silverfreak said:
Nice finds Ron. Congrats on the one super deepie...as those kinds of finds are very meaningful. I bet that big silver buckle blew your ears off :thumbsup:
Thx Bryce actually it didnt almost every target I dug in this area the ET was in a null I would get a piece of it and I had to wiggle it in overhead power lines my guess. this area is old for our standards I was hunting for IHs and was diggin anythings that sounded deep. HH RonC

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Ron,

Nice finds! That place has sure produced a lot!

I am ready to get out again sometime. Let me know if I can tag along or meet you somewhere, OK? January has been a horrible, horrible month for me, and I want/need to get out SOON.

(See my post under "Everything Else")

Thanks, and best wishes,

Mike

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Really Nice finds, Ron!!

Love the sterling buckle! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread