Weekend Hunts, Lotta old, Buttons, RoundBalls, Pottery, MOAR!!! Plus a Gold Scare!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Braved it this weekend with a couple coastal Heat hunts. With the temps at 95-100 all weekend, digging in the sun was rough! Lots of hydrating going on! First hunt on Saturday i went back to VMI and I's colonial site which we have hit pretty hard on the coast and on the land. First good target came out of the ground looking like a coin and i got really excited. Upon further inspection it was a cuff button missing the shank. You can make out Gilt written on the back. Found an assortment of diff glass with one really interesting piece of glass standing out. Looks like maybe the base to a glass vase. dug a few whatsitz including this piece of brass with a hole in the middle. Feel free to ID it for me! The big piece of lead looks like it might have came off of a old ship maybe to seal a hole. Of course i dug lead weights that look like cut silver which is pretty usual. The last find i have zero idea what it is but it looked interesting.
*Todays hunt to follow after Saturdays Pictures

DSCF0242.JPGDSCF0247.JPGDSCF0248.JPGDSCF0250.JPGDSCF0252.JPGDSCF0253.JPGDSCF0254.JPGDSCF0255.JPGDSCF0256.JPGDSCF0257.JPGDSCF0259.JPGDSCF0260.JPGDSCF0261.JPGDSCF0262.JPGDSCF0263.JPGDSCF0264.JPGDSCF0265.JPGDSCF0266.JPGDSCF0267.JPG

Todays digging was all a new site for VMI and myself. He has gone out there once before I believe and we think it is a virgin site. Luckily the clouds and wind gave us a little relief from the heat. Nothing but targets here! Tons of these brass and copper nails everywhere that light up like buttons! Surface finds were minimum today but i did spot this one piece of potter with a braided edge and a cool design on it. The next find came out of the mud looking like a gold coin with no shank i was for sure it was going to be a gold coin! BUT its a button..Im pretty sure it says colour on the back and something else i can't make out. its in good shape and still has a really nice color to it. Found an old pewter button i think its a tombac. I haven't found many like this so i was pumped to find one. Only after VMI had found about 4 of them lol. I found a couple round balls. One looks a little bit up but it measured around .54 and the bigger one was measuring in at around .64. Odd not sure what that says about the round balls. i know more about CW bullets. You can see the seam on the big round ball in the last pic. Another surface find was a big pice of earthen ware. Then the Copper nails. The big one is actually really cool looking looks brand new. A few whatizs of course...Long arm thingy with a little design on the end. Piece of thick lead with weird marks on it. Any ID's on anything is appreciated. Check out VMI's post he found more volume today for sure! Thanks for looking.

DSCF0269.JPGDSCF0270.JPGDSCF0271.JPGDSCF0272.JPGDSCF0273.JPGDSCF0274.JPGDSCF0275.JPGDSCF0276.JPGDSCF0277.JPGDSCF0278.JPGDSCF0279.JPGDSCF0280.JPGDSCF0281.JPGDSCF0282.JPGDSCF0283.JPGDSCF0284.JPGDSCF0285.JPGDSCF0286.JPGDSCF0287.JPG

Upvote 10
Great finds man!! :) I'm working on posting mine right now !!

Nice Finds.
I love finding those old Copper Nails / more are Brass around here tho.

Looks like you had another very good weekend-nice finds. The big pottery shard is my favorite.

I believe the large glass piece is part of a goblet. The mystery ceramic piece may be part of the handle from a pitcher.

NICE BUNCHA FINDS .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back