Weekend in the woods

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read somewhere that wooded areas attached to parks can yield some surprising results. Never having done that before, I found myself lucky this past weekend with 4 Mercs ('18d, '26, '42, '43d), a silver necklace piece mark GERMANY on the back, a dateless buffalo nickel (same hole as one of the Mercs), a commemorative presidential token and a pocket watch. Doubled my silver coin for the year in just 4 hours of hunting this weekend. To say the least I'll be heading back to those woods soon as there is a wide area included in this park.
Happy hunting!

IMG_20170417_214216.jpg

Upvote 12
Congrats on your finds. The woods are always a great place to hunt.

I wish we had some woods here in the desert. Congratulations on all the mercs. You're off to a great year!

nice finds !

Congrats!
If it's from Germany, it's gotta be good! :tongue3:

Nice hunt
Keep em coming

Congrats. I hate hunting woods. Poison ivy, briars, roots, etc. Cannot deny they can produce though

Nice finds!! I will add that to my list of places. Makes sense, your at the park and have a bit of personal bizznessss to take care of OR that cute classmate wants a kiss..where to go?? Hmmmm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back