jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, maybe it was the batteries, but I detected a tree root. No nothing underneath, and detector beeped every time I crossed the root. I am using a 4" coil, exposed about a foot and was able to walk the root with it beeping. Another weird thing. Got a quarter beep showed 4" down, ended up digging 8" down, still beeped same depth. Raised detector a good foot and a half, still beeped and still showed 4". What are some of your weird things?

Upvote 0
I had a similar situation where I was getting a silver coin signal under a deep root. The depth gauge was showing the target should be shallow, but I had dug about 8 inches. The area that I was detecting seem an unlikely place to find a can, especially under a deep root. I had to give up on the target because it was a public park and the hole was getting too big. I know where it is now and someday I may go back with a shovel. Anyway, it was weird. H Digs!

There could be a bullet in the root and then it grew around the bullet more and healed. Must be something there. :hello2:

That makes sense on the root, but the second scenario was just weird, and I think you are right something is there.

A big target will read shallow even when its deep...if you were picking it up at 18 inches it wasn't a big target, it was HUGE. Pinpointing it should have given you an idea of its size.

I did, registered like a quarter, but in a park near picnic tables? My thinking was a stone, that happens here in Indiana at times.

Follow up: I dug a hole about a foot down, and it was still ringing in as a dime, 4" down. Since this is a public park I had to let it go.

Probably only a Rolex or a big gold chain balled up. :laughing7:

Happened in another place, I suspect phone cable, or some form of piping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back