What's new

Weird Phone Call

tnfishdaddy

Full Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
219
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper East Tennessee
I just got done running through a bunch of pennies and was about to get my stuff together to go do a little detecting when the phone rang. It was this guy I know who is the manager of the credit union I am a member of. He is the manager of one of the small branches. The main office has always been my dump bank. His branch is a little out of the way for me. I work with his wife and she must have told him of my new penny habit. He wanted to know what I was doing. I explained how I was separating the copper ones out. He wanted to know why. I explained that I was saving them up for future sales. We got to talking and he wanted to know if I wanted some pennies. Of course. He said his branch never buys coins that they are small enough they can get by with what customers bring in. He says he can sell me all I want and will even have his employees break open the rolls and put them in fed bags for me. We then get to talking about fed bags off of the coin counter at the main branch. I told him how I would like to buy some bags of halves off of that every now and then but they won't let me. He said he could arrange that. He said he use to buy all the 64 and older halves but one of his new employees is quite the coin hog and my friend is a little pissed at him because he isn't getting any anymore. Neither one knows that 65-70 are keepers also. He said that there are about $1500 in halves in his vault. Might be some 65-70s n there. So between those and now being able to buy off the coin counter, I have a new source. He said he would check the main branch to see if they had any in the vault. I told him don't bother, that is where I have been dumping. He laughed. Good thing I opened up that new account at another bank.
 
Upvote 0
Some guys have all the luck. Wish I could find a bank that will sell me their bags.

Happy Hunting!
 
Sounds like "good" weird!
Good Luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom