What's new

✅ SOLVED Weird pieces that fit together. Clip of some kind?

Nathan6309

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
207
Reaction score
713
Golden Thread
0
Location
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these weird pieces under an old tree close to an old school house. The pieces definitely fit together and look ornate from the top. Does anybody know what this was or what these two pieces might have been a part of?
1548172988490584044462.webp1548172988490584044462.webp15481731536792055900220.webp
 
Kinda reminds me of an adjustable rifle sight for elevation, but I dont think that's it. Will be interesting to see what people come up with.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah. It looks like it had two of thoae wing things that went out on both sides.
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking part of a hand held balance scale. Search apothecary scale or coin scale.
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking part of a hand held balance scale. Search apothecary scale or coin scale.

I am leaning this direction as well.
 
Upvote 0
Interesting for sure. Can’t wait for someone to ID it.
 
Upvote 0
Interesting finds! :occasion14:

DC Matt may be on to something! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Part of a broken spur?
 
Upvote 0
Like this. Kids 1950’s spur. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548251582.059906.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1548251598.925190.webp
 
Upvote 0
Like this. Kids 1950’s spur.

Holy smokes was I going down the wrong road! That is an awesome ID!

Roy Rogers Texas Ranger spurs.

Vintage-Roy-Rogers-Texas-Ranger-Pair-Spur-_57.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Very nice find, congrats!!!

Great ID Fullstock!!!
 
Upvote 0
I never cease to be amazed by the ID’s made by many on this forum.
 
Upvote 0
So many minds, so much knowledge here. Well Done on the ID, and Congrat's on the find.
 
Upvote 0
Like most of you guys, I really enjoy the challenge of identifying these things. If I have any advantage at all, it’s that I’m an old guy and and I’ve seen (and dug) a lot of stuff in my time here on earth....[emoji16]
 
Upvote 0
Great ID Fullstock.
 
Upvote 0
Boom there it is!!!!!!Nice ID
 
Upvote 0
Lmao, I can see the kid now gingaling and clanking down the hallway with his cowboy face on
 
Upvote 0
Ive found some of these spur parts before too. We could put them together and have a complete set. Lol
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom