What's new

Weird Rock

Bigdp123

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 4, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I found this rock after hearing something splash in waters edge whilst down beach with dog. I don't know for sure if this is what splashed but it was in same area as the dog investigated the splash immediately. I have a small magnet shaped like a bullet and it spins when I hover the rock over it.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190603_144705.webp
    IMG_20190603_144705.webp
    413.4 KB · Views: 107
With that fusion looking crust it may very well be a meteorite.
 
How would u know if it is?
 
See if you can find a rockhounding club or rock shop in your area who can verify it.
 
Sticky??
 
Not a meteorite. The item, if a rock, is volcanic in origin.

Time for more coffee.
 
Definitely not a meteorite. The vesicles alone are a dead giveaway that it is not meteoritic. Resembles industrial slag.
 
Yes, slag. TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom