What's new

Weirdest Thing

When I was detecting this spring, I dug a deer's shoulder blade with an imbedded steel arrow tip :P

DSC_2010.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSC_2010.webp
    DSC_2010.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 571
Metal box about 6" X 8" in size buried about 6 inches down. Before I opened it up I thought I had a possible good find with treasure inside. Turned out to be the bones of a dead rodent. Probably a pet rat or hamster that a kid buried years ago.
 
Watercolor, I'm not a bow hunter but I do shoot a longbow for fun. That find of the deer shoulder blade and your photo of the three-bladed broadhead is spectacular!

OT
 
That arrow embeded in the deer is a neat find! Any bow hunter would love to have it as a souvenir. You outta' put it on ebay! :laughing9: Monty
 
The weirdest thing I ever found while MD was what looked like a dead body....I was driving along the Sacramento River, and the road is on top of the levee....I pulled over to a spot I wanted to hunt, and as I was hunting, I saw a naked body lying on the ground about 100 feet down the side of the levee....I did not approach the body because I did not want to contaminate the "crime scene" and made a call to 911 to report my sighting....when the cops arrived, they went down the side of the levee to check out the body, and it turned out to be a homeless guy who said he was sunbathing! The problem was that the sun could not reach him through the thick canape of trees overhead....as soon as I saw the guy sit up, and heard what he told the cops, I was glad he was not dead, and then I just left the area and went some place else....SushiDog
 
Way up on top of a bluff with a scenic overlook I found a crematory toe tag, kind of creepy!!
 
Steelheadwill, what probably happened was some guy was getting divorced, but his finger grew larger than his ring. He cut the ring off and chucked it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom