What's new

Weirdest Thing

daltonvz

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
What is the oddest/weirdest thing that you have pulled out of the ground? I know it can be pretty different sometimes what you get, so let it rip? Something that you never thought would be in the ground!
 
Animal collar from a dead and buried pet. This I found out later is fairly common among MD users who search home yards like I do. It's kinda creepy. Especially if the former owner sees you lifting Fluffy's "jingles" out of the ground.

OT
 
That is very strange! I know there is more out there come on guys lets here it!
 
Gold Ring with stone cut out
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 9-12 013 001.webp
    NC FINDS 9-12 013 001.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 931
  • NC FINDS 9-12 013 001.webp
    NC FINDS 9-12 013 001.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 924
One of the neighbors dog tag! makes you think your dad shot the neighbor dog long a go.
 
Only a large cent.... but it was the circumstances. We started a field, each at opposite ends, and I said I'll meet you in the middle for the 8 reale. About 45 minutes later after each doing the grid thing making our way to the center, we were about one second away from our coils being close enough to sound off, and I got a hit. But it wasn't an 8 reale, just a large cent.
 
Wow that ring is crazy!!

Sorry i really dont know what an 8 reale is....sorry :-[
 
daltonvz said:
Wow that ring is crazy!!

Sorry i really dont know what an 8 reale is....sorry :-[


Spanish dollar which was a common coin in circulation in America during the early days.
 

Attachments

  • 8r018_large.webp
    8r018_large.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 819
My wierdest find turned out to be one of my true treasures. I was hunting around a large oak in NC, in the early '90s. I found what I thought was a rusty key ring that turned out to be a wedding band from Civil War days. At first I kicked it aside. Then I went back and found it to be gold plated silver. Gold does not rust.... neither does silver but the amalgam that binds the two does. I was told that during the CW war, gold was given up "for the cause" so if you wanted a gold wedding band, you usually got gp-silver. The man that wore this ring, I still have it, was a very hard working man as most of the gold around the outside had worn off, exposing the silver underneath. I made the local paper. BTW: a good way to get people to let you hunt their yards is "promote" yourself. Do up a press release when you find jewelry of high value. "That guy that found the ring" will get alot of people calling you! TTC
 
steelheadwill said:
Gold Ring with stone cut out
Will, I don't think the owner of this ring cut the stone out. More likely, he OUTGREW it and had to cut it off. Just my thoughts. TTC
 
TerryC said:
steelheadwill said:
Gold Ring with stone cut out
Will, I don't think the owner of this ring cut the stone out. More likely, he OUTGREW it and had to cut it off. Just my thoughts. TTC

Terry, this was my thought. Or maybe someone injured a finger and the thing swelled. Had to get the doctor to snip the ring off so as not to restrict blood flow. This happened to my dad years ago on spraining a finger. The hospital has a special tool just to snip wedding bands and other rings and not hurt the patient. Once you pop a wedding band they spring open a little bit. Just like in the photo. I don't think a stone and setting was removed at all. I think this is a man's wedding band cut to remove.
 
One was an ammo clip for a 45-caliber hand gun,

the other was a prize medal for a pie-eating contest! :D
 

Attachments

  • PieMedal1.webp
    PieMedal1.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 802
I once found an old rusty plastic and metal set of toy train tracks, with a couple of flatcars. (it was from around the late sixties to the early seventies), I made a post about it some time ago, i called it the "underground railroad" find. LOL.
 
A double ended silicone and plastic male extremity, in the woods at a well known Detroit park. Only hunt there because the park is way over 100 years old and have made many nice finds there. Just so happens others use the park for other nefarious uses.......NGE
 
I haven't been detecting a long time only about two weeks but on my first hunt I found a peice of sheet metal that was in the shape of the batman symble when I unfolded it.
 
daltonvz said:
Adventure Wolf said:
A girl's vibrator....Enough said.

WHAT LOL

It was buried under some trees in the woods near a park and in a ravine that was out of site. I can only imagine that a girl went their to have some fun. I try not to think to much about it, because it is sort of disturbing.
 
I found a tooth with a filling in it at the old high school site (torn down in 1962). It was 8 inches deep and showed as a nickel/ring. Kind of gross but still neat. I can imagine two teens back in the 50's duking it out and one getting a tooth knocked out.
 
Dead cat in a plastic bag. Dead body buried at the beach....turned out to be a ladies wig.Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom