Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you please tell me where the running item totals are? I've got some coins found while metal detecting to add to my totals. Thank you.
Richard, click on your name at the top, right side of your profile picture, then click on account details, scroll down towards bottom and there you will find your totals for year. The save button is at the bottom of the page.

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you please tell me where the running item totals are? I've got some coins found while metal detecting to add to my totals. Thank you.

If you click on your avatar/username in the header a menu will pop up. On that menu you'll see "Account Details" -- click that and all your profile fields are there, including the Running Totals.

Here is a direct link: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/account-details

In addition, other users can view this information on your "About" page: https://www.treasurenet.com/members/richard-guy.138093/#about

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've just enabled push notifications. This is purely optional. If you want push notifications you can use it, if not you don't need to enable it and nothing will change.

You can change your settings anytime by going to your User Preferences. Here's a screenshot of some of the options.

pushnotifications.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i feel bad... I lost 500 + "friends" due to the 1000 limit.

And i did not even get to choose :P

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I welcome change..................As long as nothing is altered or different.

It will take a little to get used to the new look, but it looks good so far. Thank you for the hard work!

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members can now use a button to mark their threads as "Sold" in the classifieds area. It's near the top of the thread on the right next to the other controls.

Moderators/Admins can also mark a thread sold easily as well.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members can now use a button to mark their threads as "Sold" in the classifieds area. It's near the top of the thread on the right next to the other controls.

Moderators/Admins can also mark a thread sold easily as well.
Nice addition.....

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice addition.....

I've also just set the Classifieds area to require a prefix and added an additional "OTHER" prefix just in case the existing prefixes don't cover it. This will hopefully get people used to using prefixes in there and be able to tell at a quick glance what type of thread it is, and if they can mark it SOLD it will save a lot of time.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Site is really coming together... looking good admins... great job and punctual responses to requests and problems.

So far so good anyway.............. :)
... @ johndroid

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... @ johndroid

And thank you... we are making some headway and things are starting to come together. We appreciate your support and patience!

Btw... what exactly is a "push notification" ?

The guys that write the software can explain it better than me. Essentially it's a way for the site to send data to your machine letting you know that someone posted in a thread you follow, or sent you a PM, etc. If you refresh your page you'll get these notifications in your browser anyway. But push lets you get notified without having to refresh, based on any notification you gave it permission to push to you in your Preferences.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think some of these might just be cached pages in people's browsers and they need to do a hard refresh???

We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
  • All previous smilies are imported and work
  • Look/Feel Changes (Also Ongoing)
  • Multiquote Enabled (Quote multiple messages in 1 Reply)
  • Automatic Thread Thumbnails added (See Description below)
  • Banner Finds/Golden Threads Replacement In progress...
  • Likes/Likes Counter has been restored.
  • Thread prefixes have been adjusted and include Emoji's now.
  • Number of posts/threads/conversations per page is adjustable on a per user basis.
  • Attachments/Images now supported in Private Messages/Conversations
  • Push Notifications are now enabled/supported
  • Thread Info Block added at the top of every thread
  • TreasureNet Web App Setup - should show up within 24 hours
  • Ads blocking forum content has been fixed.
  • Who is viewing/Has Viewed now working at bottom of threads
  • Added the ability to see who's viewed your profile and the number of total views.
  • Push notifications have been enabled.
  • All the Banner Finds have been imported into the Golden Threads system
  • Added 1 touch button to mark classifieds threads as "Sold"
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (In progress...)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)
  4. Get old Likes imported to new system
  5. Import all Banner Finds to Golden Threads System

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.

Automatic Thread Thumbnails / Added 9/29/2021 @ 12:30pm
We've added the ability for the software to automatically add a thumbnail to the thread based on the attachments in the thread. By default it will choose the first image you upload. It replaces your avatar with the thumbnail on the thread list. When you are making your thread you can also select which thumbnail image to use, and after you post you can also update the thumbnail on the thread view page by clicking the image/your avatar and looking for the pencil/edit icon and clicking on it. More information is available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-thumbnail-by-addonslab.6265/

We can enable this for all forums, think we might put that up for a vote once people get a bit more used to it.

Golden Threads / Banner Finds
We are working on a new version of this since the old one will not work with this software. I've got some going and we'll be changing the appearance, features, etc... so it's a work in progress. You can see the "Golden Threads" on the Forum Index page for now. More info on the modification here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-golden-threads.7891/
Sorry, but I'm having a VERY difficult time with this new "look"! Fancy, but confusing...., but I will get used to it, eventually, way down the line...!

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old layout where you could see all of the new posts on the same page was much more user friendly.

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I'm having a VERY difficult time with this new "look"! Fancy, but confusing...., but I will get used to it, eventually, way down the line...!

Happy to help and answer any questions you may have.

The old layout where you could see all of the new posts on the same page was much more user friendly.

The circle notifier on the "What's New" page is how I can tell if it has new posts in it that I haven't seen or not. It's next to the avatar - if it's filled in red, there is new content in there you haven't seen. If it's just a clear circle there is nothing new.

If there is new content and you click on the thread, it should bring you to the newest unread post.

The What's New up top is similar to the old Active Topics page:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Push notifications notify you when a post is made in the forum you set the notification for.
If you click on "What's New" it will show you new posts just like the old site did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread