Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new forum member...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard mwanyu!

Jlombardi2326

Nov 12, 2019
South East Ohio
Detector(s) used
N/A
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all. New to this site and treasure hunting in general. Father has passed away and I've inherited hundreds of metal detectors and old treasure hunting magazines, maps, etc. I figured it's in my blood so I'd better start to learn the skills and learn from the every day treasure hunters and experts to assist in cultivating a new passion but first learn how to turn these things on and all about them.

Bringerofthepast

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2019
Philadelphia area
Detector(s) used
Whites Mx5 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to detecting. Only a year in and a friend of mine suggested I register for help and good advice. I'm 38 and live in the Philadelphia area. I look forward to a long rewarding obsession with the past.

Forgewright

Nov 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgewright but you can call me Bob. I just retired this year and decided to take up detecting again after 25 years away. I had entered the hobby at 23 years old using a Garret and found vast amounts of coins and goodies. Then, at around age 30, I stopped as my family grew. I kicked everyone out and now I'm back. Kidding of course. Kids are up and gone and wife ran off. Not kidding. That's enough sharing, I think. �� Oh, I'm from Ohio, but I am moving to Arizona at the end of Nov. Bought a cheap used Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 for 50 bucks and intend to use it if my knees can take it.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgewright but you can call me Bob. I just retired this year and decided to take up detecting again after 25 years away...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Ryanp2190

Nov 17, 2019
Warrick county
Detector(s) used
Whites, ace 350, ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, new to this site but not the sport. My father started my treasure fever about sixteen years ago when he purchased a whites detecter. We had found a small coin horde at a construction site and we’ve been trying to top that ever since. I live a little east of Evansville indiana and we would like to find some hunting partners and new places we hadn’t thought to try. We love digging anything except pull tabs :angry4: . Anyway hope I’m a good fit for the community

Dleland71

Nov 17, 2019
Whitmore Lake, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS, White Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I am new to TN, but an old-time THer. I bought a Garrett Deepseeker when they first came out in the early '80s and have used it (along with my White's XLT9000) to uncover a few coins and TONS-O-JUNK. Pull-tabs, the scourge of the THer. I love old parks and well used beaches. It is amazing the stuff that falls off in the shallow water. Anyway, I'd love to hear from fellow TN members anytime and if you are close by to me, we might share a park or two. Keep swinging... and, uh, think warm thoughts (no-snow :).

JethrowClampett

Greenie
Oct 7, 2019
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra 3Vi, Whites MX Sport, Whites TDI, Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello, I'm a new member from Bucks County Pennsylvania. Beyond my new found hobby of metal detecting, I study the piano. With all of the technology out there I have a question about the confusion I have about the NOX 800 and multiple frequencies, here it goes :

I always like the quote: “The definition of genius is taking the complex and making it simple.” ― Albert Einstein. So lets talk simplicity based on a simplistic presumption that certain frequencies can detect certain metals based on conductive properties - that is, certain metals will generate more energy or disruption to the magnetic field with certain frequencies. Thus a certain music note will make a crystal glass ring, while another note will make the window vibrate. Beyond notes we have musical cords comprising of several frequencies in a designated scale (Harmonics). When we listen to music we can hear the lead singer hitting certain notes. But the song is richer with cords filling in the song. There are simple 3 frequency cords and more complex four note cords. We all know that trained musicians can listed to a song and readily identify cords. So the question becomes how many processors (analyzers) does it take to identify a cord ? Could is be that in the hearing process, we process each note and combine each process to identify the cord ? That is we observe the crystal glass ring and the window vibrating, not collectively but as separate events. If this is the case, we would need a processors for each event or for each note transmitted. So how many processors/analyzers can work at the same time (maximum) in the NOX 800 when your running multiple frequencies ?

Jethrow

Last edited:

VADirtfisher

Mar 31, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, new to this site but not the sport. My father started my treasure fever about sixteen years ago when he purchased a whites detecter. We had found a small coin horde at a construction site and we’ve been trying to top that ever since. I live a little east of Evansville indiana and we would like to find some hunting partners and new places we hadn’t thought to try. We love digging anything except pull tabs :angry4: . Anyway hope I’m a good fit for the community
Welcome

Reckonings

Nov 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone, I created a account here after years of coming here and reading up on interesting finds and finding a number of posts to gather good info from. I have alot of interests pertaining to this site. I have been detecting for years. I also try to locate lost caves. In the 1920's many caves near my home in Tennessee were sealed up. I have located a few so far, one in particular is supposed to be located on my property. I have intentions of starting a thread here soon with pictures of my adventures and finds. My best find so far value wise has been a gold men's ring valued at $1100. My most interesting find has been a carved rock with a name and what is believed to be a cartograph. I will share all this in a thread. I live in Southern middle Tennessee. Happy hunting.

cued-in

Nov 22, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-My name is Linda Chapman, newbee from Apple Valley, CA. Thank you for information and site!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread