Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Gord from Tecumseh, ON across the river from Detroit MI. Started detecting in 1998 using a BH QDII. Over time found enough change to buy a White's XLT. Soon added a Fisher 1280x to detect the local beaches. Those first two detectors are gone, along with a White's MXT which I loved using with reasonably good success. I currently hunt with a Fisher f75 with the 6" eliptical coil and a NEL Hunter coil, a Garrett Infinium and a Minelab GPX 4800. I have been to England twice to detect along with Jeff from PA and have hunted in many Virginia hunts. I have also detected the beaches in Florida and Hawaii including Maui, Oahu and Kauai. Best beach finds were in Hawaii and included a 950 platinum engagement ring with 2 x .10ct diamonds and a .25ct diamond and a wedding band with 19 .01 to .015 channel mounted diamonds. Best Civil War find was a Dyer Artillery shell found in the Culpeper area.
Welcome Gord :hello:
Been many years (2013) since I have said hello to you on the Can. forum.
Great that you dropped in and joined TNet

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet

Jan 1, 2022
Happy New Year, and new member from South Mississippi.

Hello, new to metal detecting here, and in South Mississippi. I figured it'd be a nice addition to my other hobbies as well as being a History lover. Always ready to learn and maybe meet up with some folks to learn some "on the job" skills.

Regards

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...new to metal detecting here, and in South Mississippi...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

FullCanvas

Jan 2, 2022
Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hi all, fantastic forum I've lurked on for some time, figured I'd sign up. Currently located on my sailboat, Bahamas cruising for the next two months exploring the Bahama Bank between Bimini and the Berry Islands. Just some basic SCUBA/hooka gear and a whites detector.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Happy New Year, and new member from South Mississippi.

Hello, new to metal detecting here, and in South Mississippi. I figured it'd be a nice addition to my other hobbies as well as being a History lover. Always ready to learn and maybe meet up with some folks to learn some "on the job" skills.

Regards
Welcome

FRYCinA

Jan 8, 2022
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all! 1st time here. I retire next month from 20 years in the Air Force and wanted to pick up the hobby of metal detecting. Looking to start exploring in the Central Coast of California and welcome any and all stories and pieces of advice!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all! 1st time here. I retire next month from 20 years in the Air Force and wanted to pick up the hobby of metal detecting. Looking to start exploring in the Central Coast of California and welcome any and all stories and pieces of advice!
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

John2

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2022
Hello Everyone, John2 here.

Just last week I discovered you.

I’m happy I did.

I had run a general internet search for “Sheepherder Gold” after finding a copy of it in my personal library (apple boxes). Treasurenet came up early in the list of search returns. I investigated (as we are wont to do, aren’t we?).

After reading the “Treasure Mountain, Colorado – Lost Frenchmens Gold” thread, and being thoroughly fascinated by the high IQ discussions there, I quickly joined for more (IQ that is).

Now, here I am, 75+ year old, overall failed but undaunted weekend gold prospector. I’m currently most interested in the author of the book Sheepherder Gold, particularly his account of the mine La Ventana. I found some interesting commentary on his story in one of your very own forums. Thank you.

And, thanks for the invite.
John2

Doodle33

Jan 9, 2022
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hi, I'm a new member from NE Georgia (Athens area). I have a 9 yr old that is passionate about detecting and wanted to upgrade his Bounty Hunter to something he can use both here and at the Florida beaches. The more I research the more confused I become! Any suggestions on a detector under $400? Also, we signed up for a Meetup detector group for this area that is now defunct. We would love to hear from anyone regarding places around us he can go or even pay hunts.
Thanks so much!
Phil

Syd Rodgers

Greenie
Jan 20, 2022
Colorado and Wyoming
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

I been panning a little bit about 3 years experience and usually pan Georgetown Colorado Area ( Saxon Mountain been good to me) A little bit up in Fairplay Colorado too, they some huge dredging operation up there been goin on 30+ year we like to catch the aftermath of their waste.👍

TerraKacher

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2016
Kokomo, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Lone star, Fisher CZ7, ***Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a member since 2016, but this is my first post ( took me long enough). My wife and I moved to Kokomo Indiana last July ('21), Have a cute little house. I know, everyone ask why move away from snow capped mountains, where everything is green year round and the salt water right at your door step? It's a long story of why, but basically the economy skyrocketed. Living on SS, we had to move. I have friends that live in Indiana. so here we are.

I just got the Vanquish 540, but the ground is frozen solid. I have a few places I want to go and swing, but now everything is covered in snow with more on the way.

I first got a taste of metal detecting with a Coin Master, then moved to Bounty Hunter-Lone star, Fisher CZ7, and now the new 540. Anyone in the area that would be willing to take a newbie, pm me.

I love doing research for new area's. But finding out who owns the property and getting permission, is something I need to learn. Just found an app on who owns the fields. Looking at maps of 1800 and before, more research.

I'm also interested in Panning for gold. Did a little bit on the Wild Cat Creek, I also found sun stroke too... that really wasn't what I wanted. Next time I go, it won't be in the hottest part of the summer. I have a sluice, blue bowl, Home made miller table. classifiers.

Last edited:

dan16672

May 14, 2012

Hello, all. New to the site. I am 49 yoa and in North Georgia. I'm originally from Southern Indiana. I am into artifact hunting (from any past events or time periods) and I am currently working on researching and vetting all the Georgia lost/hidden treasure stories I can find. I use a Nokta Makro Simplex+. I started out as a kid with a White's detector in 1978. Got away from the hobby for decades but I have always wanted to pick it up again and so I have. I look forward to learning a lot on here.

Sport181

Greenie
Jan 30, 2022
Alexandria, PA
Detector(s) used
White's
V3i, Spectrum XLT, Eagle II SL, Surfmaster II

Yes I guess that would've been nice if I'd introduced myself after joining the group, sorry!

I'm from S. Central Pa., 63 y.o. and retired. I started detecting in 1981, took a hiatus in 1985, and resumed detecting again in 1991. Since then I've been detecting mostly in and around Huntingdon County, with a few trips to surrounding state parks and the Outer Banks. I own all White's detectors, with a recent acquisition of a brand new V3i from an estate sale. I'm a certified Master Diver and have recovered various items from nearby Raystown Lake (with and w/o a detector), new and old swimming areas, and numerous items in those stare parks I mentioned above. My oldest item (everyone always wants to know) consists of a silver hand-hammered 300 B.C Roman Tetradracym coin. It's larger than a half, smaller than a silver dollar, but much thicker. This was found in a swimming area also, and I have no idea how it got there! This was verified by Mark Parker of Western & Eastern Treasure magazine fame.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm another newbie and from New Hampshire,looking forward to using this site it looks informative.
Dpark welcome from Ohio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread