Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone...which metal detector should I bought to get start my journey?
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard kevinroland! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

crzychrs

Feb 24, 2023
Hello. My name is Chris. I'm from Jacksonville FL. I have never prospected before. I took a trip up to Delonaga GA a few years back and took a tour of a gold mine operation. My ex wife and I planned one pan of gold ore each. I had what's known as a picker, she wasn't so lucky, to the point, I was hooked. Not just on finding the gold ,but on the entire idea, processes, beauty of the landscape ect ect. I work in the residential remodeling field and rarely have time for personal activities, unfortunately. But as the years roll by I find myself thinking it's time for a change. I have been researching everything I can find regarding the field. And can't wait to get started. So hello everyone and any tips, pointers, old gear anyone wants to throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all and I am very grateful for this site!! Thanks, Chris Sheffield

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello! not much of a collector but have collected a few things id love more information about...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard SourGurken! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...

FUTURE HUNTER

Mar 20, 2023
canadien border
I Love Scuba diving Lake Champlain
Grew up, and still am, an avid fly/ice fisherman.
Interested in relics, antiques, and HOG's
work history: Propulsion and Airbrake Test Engineer and Railroad Testing Engineer. Now Buses...

Boodler75

Apr 3, 2023
I am new to North Carolina, but not to detecting. I came from Northern Virginia and I've been detecting for over 40 years. I am currently using a Teknetics T2 and a Minelab Equinox 800. I now live near Fayetteville, NC and I hope to connect with fellow lovers of our hobby if there are any in my area. My first name is Mark.

JacobD

Apr 30, 2023
Hello,
I’m Jacob from Louisiana. I’m new to metal detecting. I’ve got an equinox 900 and I’m learning everything I can about how to use it. After several days of finding nails and bits of metal I finally found something worthwhile. Today I found my first coin! I’m excited to try my luck at the beach next week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 17

TFLOREE

May 8, 2023
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hi all! Tom here. About to retire and and looking at this as a hobby. However, Georgia seems a little tight on metal detecting. I am looking for anyone in Georgia to hunt with, preferably in the Atlanta Metro area. I am willing to travel for any events being held.

JacobD

Apr 30, 2023
Hi all! Tom here. About to retire and and looking at this as a hobby. However, Georgia seems a little tight on metal detecting. I am looking for anyone in Georgia to hunt with, preferably in the Atlanta Metro area. I am willing to travel for any events being held.
Welcome!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm Mary. I am new to metal detecting and recently learned about coin roll hunting. I'm here to learn about both!
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider browsing COIN ROLL HUNTING as well.

JeffP64FL

May 29, 2023
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Florida
I hope I've posted this in the correct area. I am new to using forums.
I'm Getting ready to retire soon and looking for a new hobby. I initially wanted to look into gold prospecting and panning, but Florida isn't an optimal location for that sort of thing. So, now I'm trying to see if detecting might be a fun activity for me to occupy my time. From what I've gleaned so far, it looks like the beaches are the best targets for me here in Florida (unfortunately, I live in Gainesville and am, therefore, relatively far from any beach). I am still trying to learn the rules for detecting (recently learned that state and national parks are almost all off limits ... bummer) and I'm a little disappointed that I don't think I'll even be allowed to use a detector in local parks. But I'm going to browse these forums to see if I can find a way to make the best of my new potential hobby. I'm already a bit discouraged by the limited allowed areas to work, so I'll be interested in discovering how people find fun places to go for their searches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions