Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

RDW1455

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! Names Roger and right now I live is Missouri but hopefully I will be relocating to Florida soon.
Well, I'm new to the site but not so much detecting. I once owned a Whites detector and loved to hunt but I gave it up (not sure why, but it was the 70's & that should explain it) But I'm now looking to pick it up again for the fun and hopefully profits. :laughing7:
My next step will be finding a nice dependable (as well as affordable) detector and if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would be much obliged. I'm leaning towards a Garrett Ace Pro but not sure just yet. Like I say I been away for a while and detectors have really advanced in leaps and bounds.
Well, thanks everyone. I'll be checking in regularly to see and hear about some of your finds and with any luck posting a few of my own. :thumbsup:
Roger

Lemon

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2012
Mancora - Peru
Detector(s) used
looking for one, wanna find some goldflakes/nuggets
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all!
Ok, i'm getting the fever... but stil very green behind my ears...
I'm a Dutchmen living in the north of Peru, i builded a hotel here and made a nice family, europe is not really nice anymore to live in. But in the quiet days when i don't have a lot of costumers i need to make a bit cash to... so, i tought, let's dig some gold!

Hopefully you guys can help me a bit with the questions i have...

greatings all
Lemon

Last edited:

tbird

May 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am from Oak Creek CO been detecting for around 2-3 months in the steamboat , south routt area, my town is an old coal mining town and hope to
uncover some of the past , i am using a whites MXT pro and having really good results

randy_coyote

Greenie
Aug 21, 2005
Grove, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom Two Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Name is Randy, live in Grove, OK. I talked to a fellow detecting in my neighbor's yard (Kevin) tonight about getting started, then mentioned it to my Dad who said he had an old detector I could have. Dad didn't know too much about it, other than he complained about it going through batteries pretty quickly and he had had some fun with it. It's a Garrett Freedom Two Plus. No display screen on it like Kevin's, I think he said his was a white, but what research I've done on my Garrett suggests it's a decent detector. I put new batteries in it and seems to work just fine. I'm looking forward to digging up my yard tomorrow evening. Even my son who is hopelessly XBox obsessed is eager to start digging.

wb30

May 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. i recently got interested in metal detecting and treasure hunting in general. I live in florence,alabama home of the redbone cave story. Its what got me interested in treasure hunting and I have found it can be a very lucrative hobby. I love this website

wb30

May 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im looking to talk to people who might be interested in this redbone cave treasure. I think there might be some creedance to the story. Although it may have already been found if it existed, i would love to talk about it with other people

Thomasrmc

May 22, 2012
Columbus Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon. I am a new treasure enthusiast living in the west central Georgia area. I am looking forward to learning how to look for interesting relics an (of course) treasure.

Newf

May 20, 2012
New Brunswick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!
I am very interested in getting into this hobby up here in New Brunswick, Canada. I haven't purchased a detector yet but I am hoping to get one soon. Seems to be a lot of fun and I can't wait to get out and spend some time hunting for some lost treasures.
Happy hunting guys and gals,
Newf

CANUDIGGIT

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2012
Pendelton
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Fisher1260 Bounty Hunter Whites pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi my name is Jason...New to the hobby and been looking for a good forum for good advice and good reading. Located in Pendelton IN.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody....new to the site. I live in South Coastal Georgia and have been detecting for a couple of years. Anybody in my neck of the woods?

atomicscuba

May 25, 2012
Sanibel Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm very new to this but have always had a strong interest in treasure salvage and an interest in recording of historic U/W treasures and sites. I also do U/W photography as well.
The more I read, the more I see our "hobby" is being restricted, limited and wanting to be ELIMINATED. Doing this easily can put you in a 3rd class felony position. I'm not liking that at all. Who can we write or call? What ever happened to finders keepers? Im not saying bring a backhoe to the beach, but come on.
So you can not detect even in 6 inches of water without a permit? How about with SCUBA, it must be worse. I can only imagine the red tape to TRY to get a permit, let alone getting one.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction with legal cases, books, direction to head.
You have a great site here and I am still trying to find my way around it!
How can we be restricted or denied detecting on "City, Public land or Federal land" isn't it OUR land?
This is crazy.

charley240b

May 30, 2012
heidelberg germany
Detector(s) used
not really sure just know i like to metal detect
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello im charley im stationed in heidelberg germany and in need of detecting partner and places could anyone help me pls?

cbash83

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV (I know, I'm an amatuer ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I am a beginner treasure hunter in Missouri and I'm looking for some info to get me started. I am currently looking for a good (but affordable) metal detector that is out there on the market. I am really interested in finding Civil War artifacts such as musketballs, belt buckles, etc. and I know there are a lot of junk metal detectors out there so I figured that I would ask some of you who have been doing this for a while. Thanks, and I look forward to sharing my finds with you guys!

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings everyone! My name is John and I live in Northeastern Indiana. (Fort Wayne area) I've been interested in digging things up ever since I can remember. My kids are all grown up now and I find that I have a bit more time on my hands than I used to and decided to get back into something I like. Metal detecting and Gold panning. So, if anyone is ever looking for something in this area, give me a shout, I'd love to have some company from time to time. (Wife really isn't interested my hobbies)

mr.rue

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
new waterford, n.s.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,
sandy here i have been interested in metal detecting for a number of years. was checking out detectors online and came accross this site. i live in small town in cape breton, canada. i love looking at the finds and the valuable info on this site, hopefully will be detecting soon. and maybe posting my finds happy hunting to all.
sandy

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moved

Last edited:

DonnaCase

Jun 8, 2012
Homer, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, my name is Donna and I am from Homer, Michigan. Looking forward to getting my new Garrett Ace 350 metal detector, hopefully next week. (It's been on back order.) This will be my first attempt at treasure hunting and after reading all the exciting finds everyone is making with there treasure hunting... I am now even more excited to get started.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread