Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

jweber

Jun 8, 2012
Hi from SW Missouri, I just started md and came across the site and have found it vary useful.

wordwizard

Jun 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm Ron from Fresno Ca. Does anyone know of places to detect in Fresno?

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,I live south of boston, and have been a treasure hunter since 1968 and still love the hobby.I've been at it steady since 2000,in the last couple of years I've been in the water with hip boots and had some great finds.Ijust bought my first sand scoop and on the minus tides plan to try waist to neck high,I'm even thinking abought a wet soute. Happy hunting everyone leprechaun.

swb

Jun 8, 2012
stephens city va
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I'm a new member in winchester va area looking for club to join or people to detect with.

Blackberg

Jun 12, 2012
Texas City, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda Newbie

Hello all,

I live in Texas City,TX. Have not hunted in 15 yrs or so. Just ordered a ML Excalibur II and
will be hunting Galveston beaches mostly. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Would like to hunt meteorites and gold out west also so any tips and machines for that
would be awesome!

Thanks

Blackberg

gg1968

Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!!!!!
My name is Garrett and I'm from Fountain Hills,AZ. I would love to find another person/people to do some metal detecting, rockhounding or gold panning with. I don't have any experience but would LOVE to go out and try!! Just bought a White's detector. Drop me an email if you would like to talk about it. Thanks for your time.

ling227

Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all i am new to all of this i just moved to Washington DC and needed something to do with my time so i started visiting battle fields and i love history so the thought occurred to me that i would love to own my own american history what better the the civil war i just don't even know ware to start any thoughts i started looking at metal detectors and now i am more confused then ever HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP thank you

matthew

orrzee

Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, New member in British Columbia

Hi There,

I am a new member in Southeastern British Columbia, Canada. I am new to detecting. I am a police officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and a collector of Northwest Mounted Police items. As such, I'm hoping to locate some old Forts and find relics associated to the NWMP.

Joseph

Jun 18, 2012
Newport News, VA
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to learning, reading, listening and sharing just got my new at pro and already had some great finds. Always open for any digging ideas as I am new to digging.

wooten29

Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for the add!! Im new to this an still in the market for my first detector!! What will be the best begginer machine for coins an relic/ waterproof? Thanks for the help..

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, I am a New Member Living in Texas. I picked up a Garrett Crossfire Metal Detector at a G - Sale really cheap and I am Looking forward to learning and Upgrading when the Economy allows. I spent about 30 Minutes in my yard detecting and have found some old nails and 1 Wheat Penny.

PaulArizona

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schuylkill/Berks Arrowheads

Hi I am new to the site. My name is Paul and I was born and raised in Schuylkill County. Moved out west but come back every summer for extended visit . Was interested in stream hunting for arrowheads in county or Berks. Wouldn't mind suggestions or making friends to hunt with while I am back.
Love the site and love reading about everyone's adventures. Good hunting.

ms5660

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site and brand new to metal detecting I'm in Central New Jersey (Watchung, Edison, South Plainfield) Any suggestions on where to go other then beaches?

Jun 19, 2012
Surfside Beach SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. Just moved here to Surfside Beach in South Carolina. Love it here.Came from Wisconsin originally an lived 2 years in Illinois before moving here. Had just purchased a Technetiks Gamma 6000 dtector. in Illinois I found a 1921 Morgan Silverdollar and afew older pennies. I took this thing to a beach yesterday to try it out for the first time here. And what a nightmare. The Ground Grab does not want to lock on and even in manual mode I could not get it to work. I used to metal detect when I was a kid long time ago. not used to this detector yet and very frustrated. Am wondering what I am doing wrong besides being ignorant. Is this the right detector to use,should i get a different searchcoil ? I am open to suggestions.Please help.

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I'm new! From the Space Coast of FL. Beach hunting with a Garett Ace 250, so far found a nickel, a penny and a few pull tabs! Lol just started detecting yesterday! Lots of fun but way harder than I imagined it would be! Quite the work out!

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all. I used to detect back in the 80's and then life kept me busy for the next 30 years. I've been getting the itch from watching American Digger (yes, I know it's hyped up) and a recent trip to the beach. Just bought a Garrett 350 and I'm looking forward to new adventures. I live in Louisiana and would love to have some help getting started.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wooten29 said:
Thanks for the add!! Im new to this an still in the market for my first detector!! What will be the best begginer machine for coins an relic/ waterproof? Thanks for the help..

The tiger shark is a fresh water killer hand down!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions