Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

remmons

Apr 12, 2013
Vernal
Detector(s) used
In the market for a metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I am Robert, and I am from the NW part of Colorado. I currently live in NE Utah where literally the deer and the antelope (and the elk, the wild horse, and the moose) play.
I have occasionally followed this site for the last few years, but I have decided to become a member. I use to be a member of the Treasure net forums years ago, back when (this site I believe?) was up for sale. I have followed many stories and found some of the local locations, with either cave-ins, sink holes, no trespassing signs, intentional fill-ins (for safety), and so forth. I really don't mind if I find anything or not, but being able to explore and to look at the various sites that have a history, now that's fascinating.

So anyway, I am looking forward to learning from others, as well as offering anything that I can give. Thanks.

Dirty-Yella

Apr 13, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star and Bounty Hunter Jr.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!
I just cashed in my reward points at work too start a new hobby! I bought a Bounty Hunter Lone-star for myself and a B.H. Jr. for my sons! We've only played around in the yard of our 1920's house... On the first swing with the Jr. my boys found an old Tin Cowboy toy!!! Very Fun!!! I would appreciate any tips on my detector!
Happy Hunting,
Dirty!

MzzC

Apr 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this program for the first time today (2 episodes), and one thing really stood out. When they were excavating a former Nazi prisoner of war site, the oldest son had major issues with "glorifying" something so evil. There were however, no such reservations voiced when the family was excavating a Civil War site, in which a number of Confederate artifacts were discovered. I found it difficult to believe there could be such righteous indignation about the "evil" Nazis, while the Confederate site was seen as just another regular old dig.

skip_a_loo

Apr 11, 2013
Newton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Up Graded to...GTP at Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello!!!!!... from Newton, Wisconsin....Not new to metal detecting. But love reading your Treasure Net Site!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard everyone. We look forward to seeing what you find. Enjoy the site we have a lot of fun here.
Happy Hinting
TnMtns

10th ENGRS

Dec 26, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
XLT-E Series, T2, SurfPI, ML 2100V2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this program for the first time today (2 episodes), and one thing really stood out. When they were excavating a former Nazi prisoner of war site, the oldest son had major issues with "glorifying" something so evil. There were however, no such reservations voiced when the family was excavating a Civil War site, in which a number of Confederate artifacts were discovered. I found it difficult to believe there could be such righteous indignation about the "evil" Nazis, while the Confederate site was seen as just another regular old dig.

Hi everyone. ..
I'm from Northern California, up on the Oregon boarder.
Brand New member, as well as Detector hobbyist.
Is the Whites GMZ metal detector the best way Togo for me?
I would very much like to find natural gold.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome new members. Hope you enjoy the forum and the hobby. Best of luck and don't forget to post pics of your finds...,this is one place where it's ok to brag!

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to metal detecting after the purchase of a new Minelab xterra 705 a couple of weeks ago. Starting a new hobby at age 67 and can see I should have started years ago as it is so much fun but was always busy working. Joining all the metal detecting sites in hopes of getting all the information I can from those more experienced than I am. Living and detecting in SW Montana. Learning my detector but have had some problems with the prospecting part but may take some time to figure out as time goes by.

Funnycide

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Intercourse, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Special Edition
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I'm Sammy from PA and I've had my Fisher F75 Special edition and Garrett Pro Pointer for 2 weeks now. I'm just learning the hobby but I'm interested in searching local farms here in PA. Most of my aunts and uncles are Amish and they own farms which I should have no trouble getting permission from them to search. My mom has 15 brothers and sisters mostly Amish and my dad has 13. I own a meat market open weekends only so have some spare time beginning of the week to detect. I love reading stories here and learning tips etc. I have a wife and a 1 year old son. Feel free to message me etc. Hope to find some coins etc that I can post here as well.

Caliera

Apr 15, 2013
South Wales
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all across the pond :) I live in South Wales, UK and my hobby over here for the past 4 years is metal detecting. Love the hobby as you never know what your gonna find next :)

Snowsar9

Apr 17, 2013
Phelan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Greetings, Very new to this sport/hobby but figured it should be fun. We RV and ride horses so we are in the back country a lot. have fun, be safe. it was suggested I start with the ACE 350. H:thumbsup:ope this works as well as it is stated.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to all the new folk. Hope you have fun and find some great things!

mark1427

Apr 16, 2013
Southampton Co. Va.
Detector(s) used
ACE 350, Garret pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from eastern Virginia. New detector user here practicing here in the yard at home till I get used to pulling holes from the ground with out doing too much damage.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from eastern Virginia. New detector user here practicing here in the yard at home till I get used to pulling holes from the ground with out doing too much damage.

That's the idea. Welcome to TNet. It's a great place to share and learn. The people here will help in any way they can.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

larrymaxie

Greenie
Mar 11, 2012
Wetumpka Al.
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT @ Fisher Impulse
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi My name is Larry Maxie. Just moved to Wetumpka Al. from Gulf Breeze Fl. Looking forward to metal detecting here. Any good ideas or edvise would be helpful.

JC Allen

Greenie
Apr 19, 2013
Rocky Mountains USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey fellow prospectors! This is JC from out in the Rockies, where the long winters MAKE for awful frustrating prospecting for 9 months outta the year! So far my best official find is some 40% silver...and the best actual find is how awesome prospecting (both gold & detectors) is with a family!! As a Cheap A*$ Bast@rd with six kids, there is no better hobby around and I am so glad to have found it just over two years ago!

The kids always seem to find neat stuff and the memories are priceless ;)
2013-04-19_0813.png

SportySkull

Apr 19, 2013
white rock, bc
Detector(s) used
ace 250, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi everyone, I just got my first detector a few weeks ago and found this site while looking for info about other detectors online. I am detecting on Vancouver Island most of the time so far and I have found a bunch of nails and some pennies and one loonie (dollar coin). Hoping to improve my technique with your collective guidance. Please have patience.

docholiday490

Apr 22, 2013
mid WI
Detector(s) used
minelab 705 garret 350 (daughters) rather new to detecting as for coins ect main reason was scanning my tailings .will go more with daughter this year
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am new to this site as well as many I guess. i dont have much exp in detecting for coins and such mostly search my tailings and others ,mostly prospecting but since I own a fair detector and my daughter likes lurkin for coins I will spend alot of time learning /trying here in northern WI .although i reading the laws are hell for it. hoping to make some good finds any advice never hurts. I go out west alot but am working on a trip ti UP for copper and or silver. this spring.

Azjones

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I have spent hours enjoying reading the many stories on this forum. I thought it was about time to stop lurking
and say hello!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread