Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mar 25, 2013
Hampton, NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Greeting to all,
I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself to you. I live in New Hampshire and I am looking forward to all of the info on this forum.
Have a great day!

Working the beach.

mdge45

Mar 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here, I live in Southern Ontario, and I've been collecting coins and other finds since I was little, I wear a sterling silver ring I found when I was 8, I have found coins, jewelry, sliverware, gun actions, buttons and toys, I always walk with my head down looking for that sparkle.

I have a question for all you veteran searchers, what is the best metal detector for a beginner?

JPN

Apr 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi

I am new on the forum. Want to start looking for & finding some valuables. Just got a Minelab Etrac and would try it out soon.

Regards

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there fellow treasure hunters...Brand new to all of this and I am looking forward to chatting and making new friends. Chicago burbs here so most of my hunting will be in the Great Lakes and old farms...Now all I need to do is find an awesome used water proof detector. Please contact me if you are selling and I also would love free advise from all of you old pros .
Thank you and happy hunting

Look in the charter member forum, only they are allowed to sell on this site..

esquire7oz

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. New to the hobby, been wanting to try it for years and finally pulled the trigger and bought one. I hope to learn a few things and find some cool stuff.

Icandigit2

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all,,,,new to detecting,,,,,,,living in south central Kansas,,,,hope to learn alot from this site!!

Oct 24, 2012
casper wyoming
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 my first one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im new and from casper Wyoming and anyone in or near casper Wyoming willing to show me how to use it I bought me a Teknetics alpha 2000 and as also wondering where to go for the newbie to look..

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a lurker for a while. Found you guys (and gals) when I was researching new detectors. Stayed for the tips and techniques that I hadn't done or thought of. I started off with a harbor freight cheapie to make sure I wouldn't use it as a coat rack a year later I got a delta 4000, now the wife and I go hunt around the west central Illinois area. The funnest and toughest part about the process is getting the permission to hunt. Then the research and history lessons. I've been fortunate enough to have a public service job and that's how most people know me. The most important things for us are being outside, doing some light exercise and learning a little local history. Keep up the good work all, I hope I can contribute in some small way with you all.

kristastaton

Apr 6, 2013
Greatings to y'all...originally born & raised in Central Florida, but currently traveling with my husband who is a pipelayer. We are currently in Alexandria by way of Farmerville. Was raised with a father who absolutely loved to hunt treasures with his metal detector. Looking to purchase one myself after my husband keeps bringing in all these great finds while at work. Any advice or suggestions for this novice would really be appreciated. Look forward to exploring more of this great state & chatting with those of you who are willing to share your knowledge. :-)

Apr 7, 2013
Kerrville, Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all! I'm from central Texas, and new to the online treasure hunting organization. I have been a hunter for most of my life, taught by my uncles and grandfather. I guess I could technically say I am a professional treasure hunter, only because I own an antique store to sell my finds, but I would not consider myself a proper professional. I still have far too much to learn. But if I can be of any help to anyone, please let me know. Also, if anyone in my area needs a couple extra hands or another pair of eyes, just let me know!

Hos21

Apr 3, 2013
Hello to everyone out there! I'm new to treasure hunting and hunt the upstate of SC. I've already learned so much just reading the post on here but still have a lot to learn!

cbankston

Apr 9, 2013
New from Evansvill, IN.

Hello new here and well to forums in general. In to metal detecting and error coins. Hope I learn some interesting things and provide some interesting things....From Evansville, IN.

Shannon Conway

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
Hello from the great state of Pa. I have been into collecting antiques since i was 12, one for the sheer love and the history of the items I have found and doing the research on what I find.
I have been filling my head with everything I can about antiques and hidden treasures. I love everything involved with looking for treasures. I am looking forward to exploring this site

Last edited:

Gator Trapper

Greenie
Jan 30, 2013
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/Di Pro SL and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having hung around a while in the shadows of T-Net and commented on a couple post' guess I need to say hello everyone - a lost wedding ring and borrowed detector later, I now own my own and looking to post a "first find" soon - Love Coins!!!

ongsul

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2013
Sabah Borneo
Detector(s) used
Minelab X terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , i am newbie from South East Asia SabahBorneo :) looking for good hunting tips and information ... thanks

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi , i am newbie from South East Asia SabahBorneo :) looking for good hunting tips and information ... thanks

Hello and welcome. I will be very interested in pics of your finds. I was just this morning wondering what I might have found had I been in the hobby while in South Korea. Good luck to you!

cross63876

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all new to this been I was told by my Dr to get out of the house and do some walking so I took up this hobby cant wait to find something now just to find some places to go near me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions