Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Rustyshoes

Jul 4, 2012
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to get motivated to keep searching for those treasure sites .Land and water .I am in the northeast.I have searched westchester county to vt to schoharie ny.I have some pretty good finds .I will try to get some pictures on .Im sure I have run into a few of you members here.Does Parlor Rock /old amusement park ring a bell.I was a little late getting there.Oh well ,I always enjoyed this site over the years and im glad im have finally here posting.

paulclu

Jul 5, 2012
Hey everyone. I'm Paul from Oregon. Hoping to converse new locations with everyone and broaden my horizon

Fuelpot2

Jul 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am new to treasure hunting. I live in florida in the pan handle and want to start. need advice on the best m.d. to purchase and any hints on treasure hunting is always appreciated.

Thanks Ed

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New member to this sight but i just spent about 5 hours combing through here reading and looking at pics. This is an awesome sight and wealth of knowledge. I got into MDing about 25 yrs ago and hunted my home town in Smyth Co. Va and to this day I still remember finding my first relic. I was hooked. But as teenage males do I found different inetrests and stopped MDing. I sold quite a bit of my collection from cannon balls to and exploded cannon (huge fragments) to a Union bridle with U.S. on it. I have one frame left with mostly bullets. I have recently got the bug again and I am excited to get back to digging. I am interested in finding a MDing partner or someone to tag along with in my area of Southwest Virginia. About me, Ive been in law enforcement for 15+ yrs and Im a veteran of the Iraq War 2004. I have a lot to "re learn" on detecting and look forward to using this site for Info and knowledge.

Thanks in advance

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiousity, what part of NH? I used to live there but now living in Florida.

jacobcareme

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2012
keystone heights florida
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi im a newbi from florida glad to be here cant wait to post what i find and all tips and places to go in florida are appreciated lol time to go dirt fishing.

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Parker, CO. am new to this but man is it addicting. Good luck to all and will be checking in quite often. Also...if anyone closeby wants to get together and do some searching..............please get in touch with me.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello
New to this site, but have been a hunter, searcher and detector for a very long time. User name is austin as it is the name of my cat, the name of my second favorite city in the world and sounds a lot cooler than Frank. I am old(64), retired and lazy. I have been pretty lucky at finding things by accident. Taught science at the high school level and history at the college level, still love research, partners in an antique store and truly amazed at how sharp most of you are in knowing what some of these finds are. I play golf, coached golf and miss metal detecting. Live in a hot state where a woman teacher from Kiev, Russia once told me, "you have two kinds of weather here, hot and hotter".

LowTideJoe

Jul 15, 2012
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur II
Formerly owner of a Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi there! I am not new to metal detecting. Yesterday, I just traded a very fine machine for a Minelab Excalibur II. Could anyone give me any advice on what settings are the best for the Virginia Beach Oceanfront? I would greatly appreciate it!

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! I'm Ray in New Orleans burb. Retired at 53 in May 2011 and jumped into two great hobbies in October. Metal detecting (garret At-pro and pro pointer) and rockhounding within 10 hour drive of here (so cool- geodes in Ill.,Ky.,Iowa, and crystals in Hot Springs Ar and sw Ky. Soon to collect selenite in northern Ok salt flats!! Probably Nov. or early Dec. b-4 snow issues.) I'll be active again in Sept, when I can go to temps under 80. Geode fest on the Miss. river between Keokuk Ia and Hamilton Ill late Sept(10-11 hour drive). Back to Mt Ida/ Hot Springs mid Oct for the crystal fest (9 or 10 hour drive). I'd also like to make the Natchez La. hot air balloon race early Oct. Then Marion Ky. for purple florite crystals next April. Anyone between here and there and there (lol) with any interests, let me know.
Interested friends with funds can't take the time. Others have the time minus funds.

Last edited:

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up Raayy! welcome to the best md site on the net.

tso62

Jul 19, 2012
Ajax
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All

Started metal detecting just over a month ago in Ontario Canada. Enjoy reading the posts on this forum and seeing what people are finding.

koldkut

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I've been looking at this site for a long time,finally decided to join. I've been swinging an XLT for 10 years, made some nice finds. I think the combined,
knowledge on this sit is tremendous!!!!! your teaching,and encouragement to others is priceless.

koldkut

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello,

Myself and the significant other are cache hunters in the South. We have been at it for many years and its a full time obsession. We do a lot of research and a lot of digging. Hopefully I will be able to glean some new information from the members here and perhaps share helpful info and knowledge that I have acquired with you.

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all Im back behind a detector after 20 some odd yrs. Life and careers take us away from our hobbies some time and Ive made it back to mine. After some close calls and being injuried in Iraq in '04 my eyes opened to what really matters in life. I just by chance came across a detector resently and got bitten by the bug again, really hard. Trying to find some new sites to hunt and some new MD friends. So if anyone around Southwest VA or upper East TN wants some one to tag along give me a shout. Happy Hunting all.
Wayne

Harp

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7 Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everybody- been detecting for awhile, just renewed my interest, found this site in a web search, live in FL, detect parks, beaches etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread