What's new

Well apparently its a civil war sword...

Johnnybegood

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
43
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after a correction its a 1860 Civil War field officer sword pommel. Dug about 12 inches down into a hillside in Georgia ,found this, really excited 1219151958.webp1219151958a.webp1219151958b.webp1219151958c.webp1219151958d.webp1306webcat_img_38.webpleft.webpsword pommel.webp
 
Upvote 52
Cool recovery, very nice!
 
Congrats that's a real nice save.
 
I'm liking it Johnny, it looks good.
 
CW Swords & or any weapon parts that are relative to military history are keepers where I come from ," ya done Good !" :headbang:
 
go back and find the rest of it!
 
Very cool find, congrats.
ZDD
 
Very nice find. Took a good whack and is separate from the rest of the sword. Seems like a story but we'll never know. Great recovery!

Steve
 
Thats really a neat find!
 
Wow, that's a sweet pommel. Nice ID work as well, Johnnybegood. Go Johnny Go! (I guess I'm dating myself, lol)
 
Last edited:
Cool find it would be nice to find the rest a few feet away
 
looks pretty soft - what is it made of?
 
Killer find man:headbang:

Love those personal relic finds..Where is the rest..That's the big question

~Blaze~
 
Sweet History!! Thanks for unearthing it for us...Brad
 
Never seen one of those before! Well done!
 
JOHNNY BE DAMN NICE FIND ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom