Well found need help with the rest.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is still here it worked this time, if not I removed it and you're not reading this ;D.

At the place marker marked well location is where I excavated the well I have posted about in other topics.

I am now trying to find the actual building(s) foundation as nothing is above ground. Anyone see anything in the general area that looks like something, I have no experience at this at all, and any help is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Well location.kml
    1.3 KB · Views: 245
Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
Walk in grid search from the road to the NW, to the road and creek to SE. Look for anything out of place, stones, bricks,wood,metal, depressions in the ground, could be a cellar hole, fencing, any out of place trees or shrubbs, such as evergreens, also any clothes line poles, also check for any bridge remains incase the driveway was from the SE. I also see other farms all close by, that property could have been part of a much larger animal farm. Hope this helps, Good luck, and keep your eyes peeled.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done all that, actually I have a bar to stick in now to try and hit foundation. My Uncle owns the farm to the East(built 1839) knows nothing about anything ever being there, I grew up in the farm northwest, nothing known from the owners of that one either. Was just hoping maybe someone with better Google earth eyes might be able to see something, since it is very grown up now and the searching is going to have to wait awhile. There was brick on the outside of the well foundation, which def. leads me to believe it is from an actual homestead, otherwise would just be stone or so I'm assuming.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Here's the same location in Nasa Worldwind at 1m resolution. I'm afraid it doesn't show much more detail, though. My best guess is the clearing to the north and a little west, which you already said you covered, didn't you?

Attachments

• 75.51771W.jpg
    75.51771W.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,174
OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clearing directly northwest is a marsh, I'm praying its not there.

Found dump site, and some other random things all in the woods, there are a few groups of daphadils, a non forest bush, and an apple tree all in close proximity. Guess it will just have to wait till fall when it clears out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread