Well guys as you know I’m a gambling man so I put everything on the line.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ll let it be said that this was the first One Cent copper I have ever found in the 6 years of detecting. Found it at a spot that was next to iron and it had a black funny look to it IMG_1689.jpg
I could still read 1835 but as usual I’ve been known to destroy many coins just deliver one number. So not making this exception I went for it and I did the aluminum hydrogen peroxide method. It came out like sh&t. It was all bronzy looking oh my patina was gone and it was terrible I didn’t even take a picture of it because it was that bad. Luckily I have some stuff that can re-patina a coin that you messed up like like an idiot, so I soaked it and a black patina was back, but I couldn’t see that much detail View recent photos.png
Well now is the time that I could redeem myself were totally screwed myself again. But being the idiot I am and being the only One Cent piece I ever found I double downI and put it on electrolysis. View recent photos 10.png
Believe it or not I have had some wonderful experiences with electrolysis so there I am going going ALL-IN. The next morning it’s either gonna be Christmas or the day you had to show your mother your report card. WellI paid off I can read every word of liberty on Lady liberty I am very happy with the result View recent photos.png
View recent photos 17.png
*****Warning please don’t do this at home I have spent many great fines messing them up including a Brillo pan and I’m also for the guy who bought the old toed boots to metal detect in****

Note Sometimes it’s best to just leave it alone

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to ask Truth what is the aluminum hydrogen peroxide method?

I have done spit/foil on silver.

HP on coins.
I like the 40% hair solution gel the best, just leave in the sun in a plastic container.
Tried caster oil on a few tokens this winter-mixed results-still left the deep crud.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It took me 8 years to find my first LC, and hell if I didn’t find two!
Both of them were pretty smoked....
So naturally I annihilated them trying to get dates off them.
They clearly read 18**

I jacked them up so bad, the copper recycling guy doesn’t even want them.:headbang:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to ask Truth what is the aluminum hydrogen peroxide method?

I have done spit/foil on silver.

HP on coins.
I like the 40% hair solution gel the best, just leave in the sun in a plastic container.
Tried caster oil on a few tokens this winter-mixed results-still left the deep crud.

You haven’t heard about that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread