What's new

Well i had to try

ctbob

Full Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
163
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dressed in my ice fishing gear yesterday, and hit the beach for some wet sand hunting, and it actually wasn't that bad out. Winds were lite, I was able to find a patch of rocky unfrozen shore and I tucked in close to some houses to help block any of the winds blowing from the north. Since I dressed for it, I was actually warmer than one of my November trips. after an hour resulting in a half a dozen sinkers, and a penny the incoming tide kicked me off my spot. Top of the slope everywhere was covered in ice I also tried a few spots on the flats at the bottom of the slope, but the scoop couldn't penetrate more than an inch of the frozen shoreline.
Today the conditions look even worse concerning frozen shoreline. And if you think about wading, you could be in slushy ice which in areas I saw up to a 1/4 mile out. Took a couple of pics. P1000794.webpP1000790.webp
I don't think there will be many New England reports for awhile.
 
Upvote 0
What state?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2
 
connecticut
 
I hit the beach yesterday as well. Glad to know that I wasn't the only nut out there (long island beaches). It actually wasn't too bad as long as you dressed extra warm. I could only stand about an hour though and the targets were few. Might try again on sat
 
Silver Sands. Great shot of Charles Island.
 
Hi c tbob,

Great pics...it's tough goin' out there; I might try "up the line" if it warms any today

Good luck in the hunt

Lorraine
 
And I thought I had it bad down here! You won't catch o'l mr.b out there in that mess! Heck, I'm worried about the 46 deg. forecast high temp for this weekend :laughing7:
 
We think it's bad when it gets into the 50s, you guys ARE brave. Wind has been brutal here for awhile! Ray
 
You guys make me feel both lucky for me and sorry for you. I went out yesterday wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It was around 74 degrees here in Southern California. Had lots of targets unfortunately none of them any good. By good I mean gold....HH GFP
 
Ok im going to brave the elements. Got my hoody,flannel,and board shorts. Frostbite is a concern. Its a tough swing but someone has to find it.
 
Hey, Bob...I thought I saw you out there on Charles Island ct bob.webp Nice boat! :laughing7:

Lo
 
Hey, Bob...I thought I saw you out there on Charles Island View attachment 935666 Nice boat! :laughing7:

Lo

Not me Lorraine, I hit the other end of town. With the temps a balmy 30 something and a slight breeze, I just had to get some practice in with my new GT. I wonder if Terry recognizes this spot. WP_20140125_002.webpWP_20140125_005.webp An average nothing special hunt for me, but I just have to appease my addiction.P1000798.webp
 
I sure do! At least you're getting out. I am snowbound in White Plains!
 
I have nothing but respect! That's some cold weather!
I don't know how you do it!!
 
Hey, Terry....maybe that's you on Charles Island? ...:laughing7:

Maybe I'll see you there this summer.

Lorraine
 
I hope so Lorraine! :occasion14:
 
I have nothing but respect! That's some cold weather!
I don't know how you do it!!
Believe me RustyGold, I would not be out there if I was uncomfortable. I guess I'm used to the cold, and I dress in layers (even gloves). about 20 years ago I picked up my best cold weather clothing ever, the Walls zero zone coveralls WP_20140126_004.webp I originally purchased them for ice fishing, but lately I've been detecting with muck boots underneath the coveralls and venturing into shallow pools. The brass zippers still work great even after at least a half a dozen trips. This suit is invincible.
 
I watched a video of a guy deer hunting the other night in something like -18 weather and I'll could to say was, "really?" :laughing7: Don't get me wrong, I love the deer hunting to, but -18......."Uh....No!" :laughing7:
 
I watched a video of a guy deer hunting the other night in something like -18 weather and I'll could to say was, "really?" :laughing7: Don't get me wrong, I love the deer hunting to, but -18......."Uh....No!" :laughing7:

I hate -18* as well. But around here it's way to common. Once many years ago a buddy and I changed a frame of a pickup outside in January with those types of temps...NEVER AGAIN lol!!
He still has that pickup and now it's four wheel drive.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom