Long time ago I was headed to the lake to do some fishing and right before I got to the waters edge I seen a snake that was swimming on top of the water headed to the shore. Once he made it to land and he was coming up the bank he stopped and raised up just like a cobra and was swaying his head side to side as if I was playing a flute. Anyway I started to walk backwards to give him his space but when I moved he would move following me and when I stopped he would stop, curl up, and raise his head again. What was funny is every time he would curl up and raise his head like that he would twitch his tail super sonic fast in the leaves as if he was a rattle snake. lol In those dry leaves it sounded just like a rattle snake! This game of cat and mouse happened a few times and finally I was like forget this so I took off running fast as I could. I made it 20-30 yards, stopped, and turned around and he was right there raising up once more and twitching his tail in the leaves. Took off running like a Kenyan doing the 50 yard dash this time, turned around and that big ******* was there again! By this time I'm pissed so I grabbed a big ass stick and am ready to fight this guy. As we're doing a stare off and I'm waiting for him to close the distance to within striking distance of my new weapon, he turned and went on his way just like that. He stayed with in 12ft. of me the whole time this ordeal was going on.
I don't know what kind of snake he was. It was mostly all black except his underside which was a lighter black/brown color but with a design as well, maybe 4ft. long?...... What really sucked is I had to walk all the way back down the hill to retrieve my fishing pole. lol That's pretty neat that it learned to do his tail like that to copy a rattle snake.