Well was this a good find....?

Sweetrazz

Sep 7, 2016
Monterey ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone....instead of digging for old bottles and other treasures I went and checkjed out this estate sale, and oh my word....lots and lots and lots of stuff. Like wow, it was amazing but anyhow where I am trying to get at is I had bought some old bottles that caught my eye. I was not sure what kind of bottles they were but I bought them any ways and wanted to share them with you all. There are six bottles total and so far Ive looked up just one of them and if I am correct its a Codd Bottle (Marble in the neck 1887) invented by Hirmen Codd...tell me what you think! If anyone else knows anything about the other bottles I posted please let me know. Hope you enjoyed my finds!!

Attachments

• DSCN8336.JPG
    DSCN8336.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
  • DSCN8337.JPG
    DSCN8337.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • DSCN8339.JPG
    DSCN8339.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
  • DSCN8340.JPG
    DSCN8340.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 161
  • DSCN8341.JPG
    DSCN8341.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • DSCN8343.JPG
    DSCN8343.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
  • DSCN8344.JPG
    DSCN8344.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • DSCN8346.JPG
    DSCN8346.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
  • DSCN8347.JPG
    DSCN8347.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • DSCN8351.JPG
    DSCN8351.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
Upvote 12
I'm not a bottle expert but those look really cool I save some bottles I find if there old I like making display cases for relics coins bottles etc I think you did great Can you send some of that California weather here to MI just enough to melt the snow.. Thanks for sharing those finds!!!!

I know I like that old "Blob Top" with the cork still in it. Great find.

I used to dig the odd Codd bottle as a kid in a massive 1/2 mile square Victorian Bottle Dump - Them were the days! Nice buy.

I'm no bottle expert, but can't help but appreciate their beauty. A good reminder that treasure is also found above ground!

The one with the metal stopper is a Hutchinson bottle. You can probably find information on that bottle here:

Home

My favorite bottles to find underwater.

Hello Sweetrazz,

Congratualtions on the nice bottle purchases!

Bottle hunting in the "wild" is not for the person looking for an easy score. It is a lot of back breaking digging to find the old ones where I go.

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back