What's new

Wells Fargo & Brinks Box

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wells Fargo & Brinks Box

Currently, I am going thru my first box of halve dollars. No luck thus far for silver, but found a few items the coin rolling beginners guide suggested as future keepers . . . anything 2001 and newer:
Kennedy 2001D; 2002D; 2003D; 2004P; 2008P

What was interesting was I found 7 coins that were marked with either an "x" or someone's "initials." Learning how to upload pic this weekend. Will post these depressing markings this weekend. :tongue3:

Now I am getting to my question: My bank told me they order their boxes from Wells Fargo. The box was standard brown cardboard with yellow lettering that simply stated, " $500 halves." Anyone had any luck with WF? The bank is First Convenience Bank (they are found in Walmarts in Texas and I like the fact they are open till 7:00 so I have time to make transactions).


apush (no silver, disappointed--but I won't give up)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Wells Fargo & Brinks Box

Just keep plugging away at it. This box might disappoint; although so may the next, and the next after that....or the next box could be a dreamer, or only hold a few keepers; or there might be a string of skunkers that could total 5, 10, 30, 50 or more boxes, and so on, or .....you catch my drift....no rhyme or reason to any of it. ffd
 
Re: Wells Fargo & Brinks Box

2001 halves don't count as low mintage.. it's actually 2002 or newer
 
Re: Wells Fargo & Brinks Box

If you are filling an album with the NIFC halves, then keep a one from each mint. Don't tie up funds hoarding the NIFC halves as there is no market for the circulated halves despite how nice they might look. There is an ample supply of mint state NIFC halves from collectors who bought them directly from the mint in rolls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom