fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to hunt for about 2 hours this afternoon and while I didn't have as good a day as the last one I still managed to pull three more silvers. 2 64 Rosies and another 42 Merc. Other finds included a 1942 sixpence, a 2002 50 cent Euro coin, 4 wheats, a hem weight, part of an old Ford battery and an unknown brass piece. The Euro really got my heart pumping when I saw the edge of it in the hole. For a second I thought I had my first gold coin! Most all of the coins I found date to the 40s. The aviator wings also date to the late 40s. I apologize for the washed out pictures. I'll get a better group shot tomorrow in natural light.

Attachments

• 20171124_174517.jpg
    20171124_174517.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20171124_174532.jpg
    20171124_174532.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20171124_174617.jpg
    20171124_174617.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 15
Great finds I'm lucky to get on silver most times !!!Sweet Thanks for posting!!

Congratulations on the nice coin and relic hunt! :occasion14:

I was able to hunt for about 2 hours this afternoon and while I didn't have as good a day as the last one I still managed to pull three more silvers. 2 64 Rosies and another 42 Merc. Other finds included a 1942 sixpence, a 2002 50 cent Euro coin, 4 wheats, a hem weight, part of an old Ford battery and an unknown brass piece. The Euro really got my heart pumping when I saw the edge of it in the hole. For a second I thought I had my first gold coin! Most all of the coins I found date to the 40s. The aviator wings also date to the late 40s. I apologize for the washed out pictures. I'll get a better group shot tomorrow in natural light.

Great Site.
The 6 pence likely has Silver in it as well , ill be it's an 'Eastern Theater ' souvenir. Maybe???

So '4 more Silvers' IMO.

The sixpence id 50% silver. So, would that make it 3.5 silvers? I added one more today, a 54 Rosie. The targets are few and far between now. The only other thing I found was a cheap ring and my buddy only found one wheat penny.

Just a small detail, but I thought you (and anybody else who finds one) might want to know... the copperbrass t-shaped object is a Coil Contact from a Model-T Ford, not the battery.

Attachments

• carpart_Model-T_coilcontacts_ModelT-A_photobyCreskol_ARH_pic8.jpg
    carpart_Model-T_coilcontacts_ModelT-A_photobyCreskol_ARH_pic8.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 44
  • carpart_Model-T-FordKWCoilBox3_TN_postedbyTaz42o.jpg
    carpart_Model-T-FordKWCoilBox3_TN_postedbyTaz42o.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Just a small detail, but I thought you (and anybody else who finds one) might want to know... the copperbrass t-shaped object is a Coil Contact from a Model-T Ford, not the battery.

Thanks. I’ve found a couple and noticed the early patent dates on them, but I was never quite sure of what they are until now!

Thanks for straightening me out. I knew it was part of the ignition.

Very nice hunt, I've had modern foreign coins get the heart racing as well. Congrats!

I have a few of those 'what is it's' Now I know what they are . Thanks

I did not look close enough for any patent date's tho.

Ill take anything with a date on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back