What's new

Went for a dump yesterday

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And checked in the return coin slot. Found not only 1 but 2, yes 2, 1943 Steel wheaties. These coins are in incredible shape for their age. It looks like somebody raided a collection, I mean they are absolutely beautiful. One has some decay on the obverse, the other obverse is phenominal considering they are made from steel and the reverses on both are Mint state.

They are now tucked away in my safe, just have to figure out away to stop this Florida humidity from destroying them. I will post a scan when I get home tonight. I was kinda dumbstruck when I saw them. I asked the manager if I could buy the bin that the coins dump into once they are run through the machine, this machine dumps everything into a huge bin instead of bags, he told me it holds nearly $5,000 dollars and he couldn't sell it to me. :dontknow:

Oh well, will be happy with the two steelies I got.
 
Upvote 0
Put a small open container of rice in your safe. It will soak up the moisture.
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Put a small open container of rice in your safe. It will soak up the moisture.
Rich

Great suggestion, I will try that tonight when I get home.
Thanks Rich.
 
My safe has an outlet in the back where you can plug in a electric dehumidifier.
 
nice score...bout a month ago i found a really beat up steelie, nothing special...so thats a great score!!! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom