What's new

went for a wild storm ride last night!

mamabear

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
3,075
Reaction score
869
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
had tornado warnings & lost power all at the same time. so I'm running around trying to find the flashlights, candles & lighter, while trying to gather up my skittish cat w/ VERY sharp claws, & get the dogs inside to take them all to the basement w/ me. finally got all together when kitty uses my chest as a launch pad. as she goes flying so do the things I've gathered in my arms, which scares the dogs, which causes them to turn tail & run for the barn, (cept for the small dog, she decides being under my feet is the best place to be) I finally give up on the animals cuz I'm hearing trees fly by & a huge flash of light from my neighbors 1/4 mile up the road. I finally make it to the basement, but can't leave well enuf alone, & run out to chk out the storm. while I'm up I gather kitty up again, this time wrapped firmly in a thick sweater, & open the door for the dogs to find their way in if they want & decide I better get my medicine just in case. after 'bout 1/2 hr in the corner of the dungeon, with my wet scared dogs & cat, it's calm enuf to go back up. still more warnings, & thunder every few seconds but the wind isn't throwing the forest around any more. so I gather my things, & head to bed, with my weather radio. this morn I look outside to find the big cedar on the barn's lean-to (now it's really a lean to). & see that the neighbors new barn is missing the roof. find the vent fans down the road, & trees down everywhere. but for all the fury of the storm, there is very little damage. I feel blessed to have come out of it unscathed 'cept for some gouges from kitty.
& thats the storm news from Marquand, MO sorry my kiddren has my camera.
 
Wild ride indeed mamabear! so glad you're ok. It's a heartache/dilemma what to do about the pets, isn't it? I'll protect them if I can, but not at the expense of human safety. cats are a problem, the dogs seem to want to stay with you, cats want to run.

naturegirl
 
Wow Mamabear-glad to hear you're okay. I'm sure that was scary.
One thing I always keep on hand is glow sticks. They keep forever and put out a good light, plus you don't have to worry about batteries or getting burned by flames. Came in real handy last year when we lost our power.
 
Michaelangelo said:
Wow Mamabear-glad to hear you're okay. I'm sure that was scary.
One thing I always keep on hand is glow sticks. They keep forever and put out a good light, plus you don't have to worry about batteries or getting burned by flames. Came in real handy last year when we lost our power.

thanx M- what a great idea. I never would have thought of it. that will be on the list next time I go into town. I have an emergency kit downstairs w/ food, water, medical, etc those will join them. It actually was more comic than scary w/ my silliness. I am one of those people that love intense storms. although I would prefer no trees flying about. both my kids are the same, & I will be lucky if one of them doesn't turn out to be a storm chaser.
we had it mild compared to areas around us. so I do feel blessed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom