What's new

Went on a test dig

asrussell96

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2016
Messages
173
Reaction score
130
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove up to Oil City today to check out a park/boat launch. I didn't stay long... it was too hot out there. I did find a handful of coins...all modern. However I did find an interesting piece of metal. This thing gave a great signal. I think it is an old point from a plow. Any thoughts on what it is
 

Attachments

  • 1474145104993.webp
    1474145104993.webp
    165.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 1474145114073.webp
    1474145114073.webp
    154.9 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 8
I would say plow I bet going out in the water a little bit might be promising for some ring finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I would say plow I bet going out in the water a little bit might be promising for some ring finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a very good swimming spot...Too many fishing hooks would be in the water there
 
That's a thought! those fishing hooks are no joke Ive dug a bunch of old lures haven't been hooked yet but in my fishing career I have a few times. We used to pull old trees out of the water and find tons of old lures we also got one of those golf ball poles for getting your ball out of the water and use it to pull lures out of trees from peoples bad casts sorry to get off subject
 
It's a hay cutting tooth
 
Yep, called a " mower section ". It's for a sickle bar mower.s-l300.webp

HH RN
 
I hate those. I've slipped while cutting rivets off and sliced a few fingers on them
 
Congrats on your finds. And thanks to CW22 and Relic Nut. I hunt a lot of hay fields and have found quite few of these "teeth". Now I know what they are!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom