Went to an old school a few days ago...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
He had gotten permission a few days earlier and was dying to go before he and I had the chance, I said go for it(I wanted to see if he could even find anything :icon_jokercolor:). He found a sweet Shield Nickel(1866) and a wheat cent. The first time we went I forgot my headphones and he had a cheapy set which I was gracious enough to break for him!! He did find a single Indian Cent(1891) and I was skunked by the youngster!!! :icon_scratch:!!!. Third time was a charm for me as after digging 20 or so old shotgun shells and a couple trinkets(the largest piece was dug by Derrell) I found a nice Indian fatty dated 1863!! Decent condition coin and first fatty in a few years for me!! I'd like to thank Derrell for sharing that sweet site and enduring my charming personality!! You know, we all can get out and dig those clean signals, we can also find all sorts of goodies in virgin sites, but what I like about most of Derrells finds are they are deep and usually in with a piece of junk and you have to struggle to get that "wobbly(Thanks Bryce for the word)" jumpy, almost wondering if its a sweet sound chirp and see a piece of silver, old Indian or even a wheatie that has been passed over or ignored or not even heard!! Thats when you know your not missing much!!

Attachments

• fatty 001.jpg
    fatty 001.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 305
  • fatty 002.jpg
    fatty 002.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 314
OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
xGregx said:
That Indian will clean up nice!! Looks like a great hunt.

HH
Greg

It did, but I gave it away!! My friend who took me to this site didn't have to and I felt he would appreciate it since he loves finding Indians!! It seems he didn't have an 1863 Indian in his collection, which he now does!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread