Professor of Engineering
Ruby Member
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2014
- Messages
- 31,916
- Reaction score
- 35,440
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Massachusetts
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,
I have been eyeing this playground and ball field for quite some time. Today was the day for a visit with the detector. Worked the play area, but only found a few coins and no trash. Obviously it’s been hunted before.
So I decided to work a grid pattern - grass strip area (200’ x 5’) around the play area and basketball court. Bingo! It appears the detectorist(s) before me only liked the wood chip area (easier to recover items I guess), but left the coins and hopefully some silver/gold jewelry for me! There appears to be coins in great abundance to be found, so I hope to get back in the near future to continue the coin vacuuming process by expanding the grid pattern 3-feet at a time.
The take for the day was $ 7.08 dollars, 1942 wheat cent and odds & ends. Not bad for two hours of fun!
GL & HH
Doc
I have been eyeing this playground and ball field for quite some time. Today was the day for a visit with the detector. Worked the play area, but only found a few coins and no trash. Obviously it’s been hunted before.
So I decided to work a grid pattern - grass strip area (200’ x 5’) around the play area and basketball court. Bingo! It appears the detectorist(s) before me only liked the wood chip area (easier to recover items I guess), but left the coins and hopefully some silver/gold jewelry for me! There appears to be coins in great abundance to be found, so I hope to get back in the near future to continue the coin vacuuming process by expanding the grid pattern 3-feet at a time.The take for the day was $ 7.08 dollars, 1942 wheat cent and odds & ends. Not bad for two hours of fun!
GL & HH
Doc
Attachments
Upvote
41











