Wet ground??? (Sorry if this is a dumb newbie question)

It is better, your able to hear deeper targets you normally can't hear

I'm in Charlotte, just started here too. The dry ground is not as conductive, and hard to dig in.

Once the water soaks in, you will get better depth out of the machine, and plugs will stay together, and the grass tends to survive better. We have been awaiting the rain for quite some time.

As for "newbie questions", don't forget everybody was a newbie once. Most of us are glad to help out. When I started, a bunch of people helped me out. Most of the people that I hunt with, I met on TNet. Don't hesitate to PM me, if I can be of any help to you.

Ought to be good this weekend, if the rain ends. I am too much of a sissy to hunt in the rain!

First, there is nothing "dumb" about you're question. Second, yes it helps when the ground gets a good soaking. "Halo" affect increases making it a bit easier to hear deeper targets.

Only dumb questions are those you don't ask. This is how we learn, Yes it's 100% better.

Many thanks folks. I look forward to the softer ground for sure. It looks like a sure soaker for this area Tom. You'll find all the gold over there in the Queen City.

If your ground is like ours, it's a much anticipated and welcomed rain. Digging has been tough the last few months. Tough enough that I'll get a good target and decide not to dig because it's deeper than a couple of inches. I plan on taking advantage of the wet conditions and so should you.

The only bad thing I've noticed about saturated ground is if you're hunting a chemically fertilized field, the detector get's a little noisy (falsing) when wet. I assume it would be the same for a lawn that gets treatments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back