CaptainRobin
Hero Member
- Joined
- Mar 14, 2006
- Messages
- 579
- Reaction score
- 59
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The Peach State
- Detector(s) used
- Whatever it takes to get the coon.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Well, earlier in the week I found a bank with $640 in the vault. Bought it all. A Brink's quarter box all buldging and taped up, $500 HALVES in marker on it. The other $140 was loose rolls. They all had writing on them, generally a good sign.
Did the 14 loose rolls first. All were written on with 1776-1976. That's exactly what they were. Not a keeper......
Busted the box. Lots of different type/colored rolls, shotguns, opened/retaped shotguns, writing on several. Went through them, not a single "Whooo-whooo" from me. I always go "Whooo-whooo" when I pull a silver.
All rolls that had writing on them were exactly what the dates implied, although mint marks were sometimes mixed in. Bummer.
Last roll, hand roll, was marked 1998D....
I'm thinking "This is a total bust".
But what the heck, it's the last freaking roll from the bunch. My index fingernail is sore, and my fingers are black and stink of metal. I'll peel 'er.....
Peeled and shook out. It rang of silver. All full roll of '68Ds.
All I can figure is the poor-devil who turned them in was dyslexic and reversed his 6 & 9 in the decade year. I hate it for 'em, but what the heck.
Robin
Did the 14 loose rolls first. All were written on with 1776-1976. That's exactly what they were. Not a keeper......
Busted the box. Lots of different type/colored rolls, shotguns, opened/retaped shotguns, writing on several. Went through them, not a single "Whooo-whooo" from me. I always go "Whooo-whooo" when I pull a silver.
All rolls that had writing on them were exactly what the dates implied, although mint marks were sometimes mixed in. Bummer.
Last roll, hand roll, was marked 1998D....
I'm thinking "This is a total bust".
But what the heck, it's the last freaking roll from the bunch. My index fingernail is sore, and my fingers are black and stink of metal. I'll peel 'er.....
Peeled and shook out. It rang of silver. All full roll of '68Ds.
All I can figure is the poor-devil who turned them in was dyslexic and reversed his 6 & 9 in the decade year. I hate it for 'em, but what the heck.
Robin
Upvote
0









