What's new

Whaddap with the weather?

Current temp in the deep South @ my house is 53. Anything below 70 is cold for us.
 
Current temp in the deep South @ my house is 53. Anything below 70 is cold for us.

anything below 80 you will probably find the electric space heater sitting 3 feet from me
in the house. it is hooked to an extension cord,
so I can carry it from room to room when necessary.

My house has no windows pointing toward the south,
and only place sun shines in is one small window facing north
(2 if you count the door)
that catches the sun just before Dusk.
so I have natural Air conditioning here year round in my cave.
 
Last edited:
I deal with a lot of people in my line of work. Over the years, I've noticed that the ones that complain the most about the weather are inactive, indoor people that don't work or have a life outdoors. people that watch tv or on the computer all day. When my kids were in college, their classmates would complain about having to walk to different classes in a little rain or snow. I dealt with one man for ten years and never saw his wife in all that time as she watched tv all day. After he passed away, I finally met her and she complained one day about it raining outside.
 
Perfect weather for me is shorts and thongs (the feet ones) during the day and sleeves or sweater in the evening. Over 80 or under 50 should be for stoves and fridges.
Best weather I believe is in San Diego. Visited there a few times and would like to end up there. If it wasn't for their goofy politics, and taxation, I'd be there. Minus quakes!! LOL
Are there any other places in the US that stay within 50-80? Minus quakes!
And get less than 80 inches of rain? (Seattle) LOL
And you can get crawfish and (good) gumbo?
That has sugar white sandy beaches in reach?
With little crime?
With scenery?
Maybe not.....
Ray
 
41 degree high, with sleet two days ago, but 90 degrees forecast for tomorrow. Go figure. North of the Twin Cities some strange weather too. Take a look at this video, where the ice is finally off the lake, but not in a good way.

 
Last edited:
41 degree high, with sleet two days ago, but 90 degrees forecast for tomorrow. Go figure. North of the Twin Cities some strange weather too. Take a look at this video, where the ice is finally off the lake, but not in a good way.



Oh my gosh Susan,we saw this video last night,brrrr! I'm with New Orleans Relics,gumbo,hot weather,crawfish,and beaches.
 
Well guys, 83 two days ago, and put the dock in. Tonight freeze advisory, and chance of flurries! Snow already across the Lake in NY. Had to cover the new plants, and turn the heat back on. Hope nothing gets froze out tonight, starting to warm up tomorrow,( I'll believe it when I see it)...........Cheerio........
 
CoilyGirl, I'm only about two hours away from you, and I have a sure-fire way to predict the local weather: If I am working, it is sunny. If it is my day off, it will rain. Would you like a copy of my schedule? Just kidding, but it really has worked out that way the last two months. That being said, I put a bag over the detector and went anyway lol. HH!
 
I have a sure fire weather rock hanging outside my kitchen window, It's never wrong. If it's wet, it's raining, white means snow, moving indicates wind, and if it's gone, we're having a hurricane. 100% accurate, and works all the time without resetting. If you can see it, daylight, if you can't, nighttime.

In the words of Al Sleet, the Hippy, Dippy, weatherman: " Their is 100% chance of weather today, followed by weather tomorrow."
 
We have had many record low temps in central Texas this spring, with all the cold fronts that have been coming through. I had to chuckle the other day when the weather lady said it was going to get "hot" the next few days......mid 80's:laughing9:
 
Rain Rain Rain. We average about 60 inches a year here in my area of Tennessee. It will soon turn into the tropics.
 
I once lived in places where the temps stayed the same mostly and the land was flat as a carpenters level and it was so boring you could puke. Give me some hills and valleys with changing temps.
.. Yup Sandman i like the season changes also........ The worse place i lived was Florida ... I guess you have to born and raised down there to like that place..........
 
Daytime temps in the low sixties is perfect for working out. Running, Jogging, Biking, metal detecting etc. So take advantage for a day or two while Mother nature gets her maps turned right side up. It will be in the nineties soon enough.
 
Sunday -Monday night we had a frost warning...today it's supposed to hit 90............
 
The weather is out of whack all over the planet. Here in NorCal we have not had enough 'water' during the winter so the reservoirs will not be full. The rivers are at 1/3 of their typical level for this time of year and the snow is gone. BUT, we are not into June yet so we could still have one dickens of a snow storm in the Sierras, wait and see.......................63bkpkr
 
A little late on this thread it should be in the low to mid 80s today Wed. May 15 . This past winter was a little cooler than last but not by much[N.GA N of Atl.] & this year it was nice to actually have a Spring in the past 5 or so years it seems it jumped from winter to Summer w/ a few days of Spring thrown in also much much less Severe Weather in these parts other than in Jan I believe . I really have enjoyed this cool Spring this year ,caouse very soon it will [or should] be HOT & HUMID NOT TO mention those Skeeters that are starting to come more and more everyday. I have enjoyed the rain too it seems like it's been around 10 years since we have had avg, or above avg rain.+ it helps the Mds run a little deeper. Only time will tell what the Summer will be like ,I'm just thankful I an alive to see another day. Happy Hunting & May God Bless All
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom