Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What Winter is it now,blackberry winter and how many more Winters do we have to endure before it gets consistently hot? We spent the afternoon and evening covering up tomatoes,squashes,and such in my Dad's garden and then again in our garden in the dark this evening.The temp is supposed to drop to between 38 and 41 tonight and a chance for frost. Has anyone else been having wacky weather? The upside was a wet Spring and everything is so lush.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, here we will plummet to the upper 50's for the 3rd night.
Generally 70ish.
A bit unusual but we love it.
Soon the nights will struggle to get under 80.
I so hate that!
Ray

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44 right now

supposed to drop to 37

I want Hot !!!!
I just wish frost would kill Grass, tree leaves & Flowers for the rest of the year. :(
neighbor just mowed my grass Saturday,
and with all the rain we had this year so far, Tuesdays Sun will make it grow again :(

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
we are in a global cooling trend they say. not al gore and his buddies, real scientists.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are in a global cooling trend they say. not al gore and his buddies, real scientists.

At this point we in eastern PA are not breaking records.
We could break or tie tomorrow morning but nothing
way out of the Unusual.

a Frost or snow in June would be very rare but again not earth shattering,
it has happened before where we didn't have a summer

Record lows & snows in June, July, and August
The Summer of 1816 is known for abnormally low temperatures across parts of North America and Europe, along with wild temperature swings that killed many crops. A foot of snow fell on Quebec in June of 1816, with snow also falling in Maine and New York in the same month. The chill extended deep into the summer, as frost covered the ground of New York, New Hampshire, and Maine well into mid-August.
The unseasonably cold weather extended as far south as Savannah, Georgia, with a high temperature of 46° F (7.8° C) recorded on Independence Day of 1816. Ice covered lakes and rivers in Pennsylvania well into August, disrupting transport of goods and materials from the Southeastern United States. Brown, yellow, and red snow falling in Hungary and Italy in earlier in the year led to suspicion of volcanic activity as the main suspect behind the disappearance of the Summer of 1816.

http://io9.com/5885668/the-year-without-a-summer-and-how-it-spawned-frankenstein

must have been everyone running around in their big SUV's

wagon-train.jpg

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low 40's here this morning after a week of 70's and low 80's. They even forecast possible snow showrs for the Mountains! Due to gradually warm up again starting Tuesday. Going to head out and start my truck and a couple pieces of equipment and let them idle to speed things along.:laughing7:

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detroit has 28 this morning( Monday) -ouch. this is to cold to dig. Flowers are dying and I have to put a coat on!!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here we say "If you dont like the weather wait 5 min., it will change!" 33 degrees, this morning, with frost, Wensday high of 80!!:hello2:

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son called the little woman yesterday for Mothers Day, he lives between Akron and Canton OH. Said they had snow flakes yesterday. LOL. :BangHead: Coily G all my garden plants still in the shed cause round here if you plant before Memorial Day you better be ready to do the whole cover/uncover thing or you will replantin everything. Haven't even thought about takin the winter cover off the pool yet.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son called the little woman yesterday for Mothers Day, he lives between Akron and Canton OH. Said they had snow flakes yesterday. LOL. :BangHead: Coily G all my garden plants still in the shed cause round here if you plant before Memorial Day you better be ready to do the whole cover/uncover thing or you will replantin everything. Haven't even thought about takin the winter cover off the pool yet.

" They " ( whoever they is) says hat Mothers Day is the day you're safe to plant around these parts but I think Mother Nature fooled us all this time.Ack! Snow in Vermont and Ohio? I'll shutty uppy now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cooper1841: Here we say "If you dont like the weather wait 5 min., it will change!" 33 degrees, this morning, with frost, Wensday high of 80!!
hello2.gif

I think every state has that same saying I know we do here

cooper1841 said that Today, 07:32 AM

it is now 7:53 AM

Still waiting :laughing7:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same people who complain about how cool it is now will complain about how hot it is in the summer.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same people who complain about how cool it is now will complain about how hot it is in the summer.

allot will but not me. I may decide it is too hot to work.

But Complain ? nope

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm kind of weird,the hotter the weather the better I like it.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im ready for the heat also ,,, but i wish it had got colder this last winter here in the hills of east tennessee,,, the bugs are going to be terrible this year due to the mild winter.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im ready for the heat also ,,, but i wish it had got colder this last winter here in the hills of east tennessee,,, the bugs are going to be terrible this year due to the mild winter.

bugs were somewhat bad here last year

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once lived in places where the temps stayed the same mostly and the land was flat as a carpenters level and it was so boring you could puke. Give me some hills and valleys with changing temps.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the way we all tolerate the hot/cold is somehow in direct proportion to our age. I can't take the cold like I use to anymore and love the heat. Use to love the winter's round here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread