Whartons chestnut grove,blue pocket flask

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
Wharton's chestnut grove,blue pocket flask

I have this flask and I have a problem.The stopper is stuck in it.Someone tried to force the stopper out and chipped the stopper.Anyone have any suggestion as to how to get it out without damaging the bottle.The bottle is perfect with no flaws other than the stopper.It is the original and I believe has cork between the stopper and the bottle.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Wharton's chestnut grove,blue pocket flask

Is it stuck in the neck? fill it with ice water so that the stopper doesnt expand....stick a shishkabob skewer in and guide it out.
Thats a really nice bottle .Love the color

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Do you have a pair of those long handled tweezers...they sell them at Harbor Frieght Cheap...Could put a little cooking oil in the neck and then on the stopper...

OP
OP
downindixie

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama

Thank you for your response.I have decided not to try and remove the stopper.I do think it can be done without damaging the bottle,but why try except to replace it with an undamaged stopper.As you can see that this one still has a partial label on the back and is in fantastic shape.One recently sold on ebay for a little over $900.00,it had a complete and removable stopper.Again thanks.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 395
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 381
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 386

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Ok...Now I get it....I see the problem better with the new pics.....How about if you took a syring and filled it with mineral oil...and gently slid it next to the sides of the bottle...all the way around until it loosed it...
That is a great bottle!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions