What a way to start 2019, MILITIA BELT PLATE!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a friend's house today to help him search for property pins, and while I was there detected the yard for 2 hours. Found a few wheats, a buffalo, and a slamming signal 1943 Walker! But just prior to the Walker I had a killer signal about 6in down and Out popped this belt plate! I had no idea what I had until some friends help me figure it out looks to be 1820 to 1835 militia belt plate! If I'm wrong, please someone correct me, i have no idea what this thing was doing where I found it at a 1930s home. To say I'm stoked is an understatement! Thanks for looking and happy Hunting!

Heck, I didn't even have time to make my 2018 wrap up post yet lol��

20190102_165343.jpg20190102_165330.jpg20190102_165529.jpg20190102_161856.jpg20190102_161907.jpg20190102_165628.jpg129318.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 61
You are the luckiest person I have ever met. Dang man.

Congrats and go sit in the car.

Good luck in 2019.

Beautiful militia plate!! Very rare to see any dug in this nice of a condition! Incredible find for the first hunt of 2019!

Some awesome saves you have there. I like it all!! Congratulations!:notworthy::thumbsup:

Heck yea man!!

I like that belt plate! In fact, I liked it enough to throw a banner vote your way. Good luck and a killer find!

Holy Smoly!!! Dang you came out the gate like gang busters, great silver and that buckle is a beauty, congratulations!

As Carolina Tom wrote, please go sit in your car.

If you continue to detect there will be nothing left for the rest of us. :sad1:

SWEET!!!!! CONGRATZ...

Outstanding hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:

Nice job Chris, happy new year!

Holy moly, what a day. A historic belt plate and a walker? That walker would make my month. Way to go!

Beautiful piece!! :thumbsup:

That plate is GORGEOUS! What an amazing find :headbang:

Wow!! Man that is a amazing looking belt plate, in great condition. And a Walker to boot, nice hunt. Congrats
thank you relicmaster I would have been happy with just the Walker, the belt plate was an absolute shocker

You are the luckiest person I have ever met. Dang man.

Congrats and go sit in the car.

Good luck in 2019.
Lol!!! Thanks tom! That's all it is dumb luck lol. Good luck to you as well!

Beautiful militia plate!! Very rare to see any dug in this nice of a condition! Incredible find for the first hunt of 2019!
thank you coin man! I still cant believe I have a pre civil war malitia plate!

wow!!! nice finds
thanks!

Some awesome saves you have there. I like it all!! Congratulations!:notworthy::thumbsup:
thanks alot!

Heck yea man!!
thanks!

I like that belt plate! In fact, I liked it enough to throw a banner vote your way. Good luck and a killer find!
thanks so much! Really appreciate it

Holy Smoly!!! Dang you came out the gate like gang busters, great silver and that buckle is a beauty, congratulations!
thank u BLK! I would have been happy with just that Walker, been a while since I've dug one of those!

As Carolina Tom wrote, please go sit in your car.

If you continue to detect there will be nothing left for the rest of us. :sad1:
LOL thanks a lot!

SWEET!!!!! CONGRATZ...
thank you

Outstanding hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:
thank you Professor! Felt good to be back out after a couple months

Nice job Chris, happy new year!
thank you Brad, to you as well!

Holy moly, what a day. A historic belt plate and a walker? That walker would make my month. Way to go!
thank you very much!

Beautiful piece!! :thumbsup:
thanks!

WOW!! How come most of my Walker's have the date rubbed off?! lol!

Great Finds and Congratulations! You Did Great!!

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back