What's new

what about silver dollars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter soulflow
  • Start date Start date
S

soulflow

Guest
i notice that the seated liberty thru ike silver dollars are the same size, therefore cant be rolled up with the suzzies or the new golden dollars. so my question is can you order just that size silver dollars?
 
Upvote 0
To my understanding some banks can in fact order a box of large dollars. They would likely want you to buy the whole box though and they are boxed in a $1000. I have heard of one or two finds here where someone got a peace or morgan in a roll. And I also remember someone "said" they got a silver eagle 1 oz round. But I have my doubts on that as silver eagles are just a bit larger than the big dollars.
 
I know some have tried and it seems like they are a special order item. I have never seen a post here where anyone has been successful in getting a box of them from the bank. My banks have tried and I haven't seen any yet....
 
The best thing to do is check with your bank and MAKE SURE they understand what you want.
 
Yes, you can order them in bags of $1,000. I tried it a few months ago and didn't find anything worth keeping. I'm tempted to try it again now that I have a couple of good dump banks. (The first batch was tough to get rid of). It seems the silver dollars are pretty hard to find. Most tellers grab them up as soon as they get them. Boxes of halves have been slim picken's lately so maybe it's time for dollars!

HH Mark
 
Jeez....Don't get me started searching something else...I will lose more of my mind! ;D
 
It's possible, but very very difficult. The key is to make sure they know exactly what you want.
 
soldierman said:
And I also remember someone "said" they got a silver eagle 1 oz round. But I have my doubts on that as silver eagles are just a bit larger than the big dollars.

It may have been me you were refering too. It was a silver round, the teller had a baggy of about 30-40 "big dollars" Paid a dollar for it. ;D

I also got a Morgan dollar.

I always ask for BIG DOLLARS.
 
Cyberdan I would bet that it was you. I didn't remember they were loose or didn't read the full details of it. I was thinking the coins were rolled. Knowing most rounds/silver eagles are a bit larger I wasn't sure how they would make it through the wrapping machine.
 
soldierman said:
Knowing most rounds/silver eagles are a bit larger I wasn't sure how they would make it through the wrapping machine.
The bright white silver is the first thing I noticed as I peeked through the baggy. I was thinking peace dollar but when I tried to move it around it felt fat & big. When I got to my car I immediatly went through that bag. 100% silvers are better than 90% any day. :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom