there & They are just waiting till all
or most of the E-TRACs are gone
before announcing it

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
it wouldn't surprise me to find out it's already
there & They are just waiting till all
or most of the E-TRACs are gone
before announcing it

Yes they might have one in the works but need to get rid of a run of stock. Maybe an underwater FBS to replace the BBS Excal.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until one of the other companies has something close to the E-Trac or Excalibur, why should they roll out a new machine? They seem to be having problems keeping up with demand for the current models.

OP
OP
M

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
Well, in the meantime... I'm saving ALL my clad finds for if/ when they do release something better than the ETrac... with the advancement of technology, I hope to see something amazing.

Perhaps waterproof, Li-ion batt tech, detachable control housing, gps (yeah right), selectable operating frequencies- one or multiple combinations, color screen, updatable software, explorer-Etrac accessory compatibility, etc, etc dream on....

Still like my etrac, now where'd that ghosttown go? Haha HH

Dean

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Far as i know from reading posts from the Minelab Rep' (Minelab Ireland) on my other forum "we currently have nothing new on the boards and are concentrating on our GPX production and supply due to a boom in gold producing countries." :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Far as i know from reading posts from the Minelab Rep' (Minelab Ireland) on my other forum "we currently have nothing new on the boards and are concentrating on our GPX production and supply due to a boom in gold producing countries." :dontknow:

that would make sense, :coffee2:

But personally I'd like to see them invent a Lighter Sovereign,
at Half it's price. Like everyone else in the electronic
Dohicky buisness more for less
(Computers, Cell Phones, TV's) they all come down in price
while adding more features. detectors
go up :(

& No Production & Sale #'s don't cut it with me as
a Viable Excuse :wink:

OP
OP
M

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
Dano Sverige said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a gpx 5000 & spending about three months in the gold laden land of aussie... probably would outdo them fellers in alaska and it wouldn't cost A quarter million $$$ to do it LOL

If nothing else it would be one helluva vacation!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new water detector would be nice, would love a PI with some descrimination. Minelab was real quiet about the Excal II till they announced its coming......Never know what might be coming or when......

I did learn Minelab has a new world-class pressure tank for testing Excals in their new testing facility in Downers Grove Il.....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason in Enid said:
Until one of the other companies has something close to the E-Trac or Excalibur, why should they roll out a new machine? They seem to be having problems keeping up with demand for the current models.
And they can't keep up on repairs either....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
Dano Sverige said:

that would make sense, :coffee2:

But personally I'd like to see them invent a Lighter Sovereign,
at Half it's price. Like everyone else in the electronic
Dohicky buisness more for less
(Computers, Cell Phones, TV's) they all come down in price
while adding more features. detectors
go up :(

& No Production & Sale #'s don't cut it with me as
a Viable Excuse :wink:
You got that right :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:

I can only speak about the last 5 years, but in that time Minelab repairs have always been from 10-21 or so working days from time of receipt, considering the fact they only have one repair facility and a couple repair techs that is about right.

See how long it takes someone to get a Tesoro Tiger Shark or Sand Shark coil issued repaired, last I heard it was running 18 months, and they are not being returned with the ability to change coils in the field which was always one of the big selling points of their water detectors. 21 days is nothing in comparison........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:

I can only speak about the last 5 years, but in that time Minelab repairs have always been from 10-21 or so working days from time of receipt, considering the fact they only have one repair facility and a couple repair techs that is about right.

See how long it takes someone to get a Tesoro Tiger Shark or Sand Shark coil issued repaired, last I heard it was running 18 months, and they are not being returned with the ability to change coils in the field which was always one of the big selling points of their water detectors. 21 days is nothing in comparison........
Yes but that was one time this with Minelab is a ........on going thing year after year.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:

Yes but that was one time this with Minelab is a ........on going thing year after year.....

One time :dontknow: the Tesoro problem is 18 months old now and it is still on going. I have been dealing with Minelab for over 5 years, I have own 5 Minelabs and sent only one of the ML detectors in, sent it in 2 times of which one of the repairs was due to my letting the detector fall and hit the concrete cracking the coil. Both times the repairs took less then 21 days round trip..........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:

One time :dontknow: the Tesoro problem is 18 months old now and it is still on going. I have been dealing with Minelab for over 5 years, I have own 5 Minelabs and sent only one of the ML detectors in, sent it in 2 times of which one of the repairs was due to my letting the detector fall and hit the concrete cracking the coil. Both times the repairs took less then 21 days round trip..........
Your lucky read all the horror stories that has happened to other Minelab owners that sent there detectors in.And you never bought a new Minelab you always got the ones made in Australia or Ireland.....used......

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
McDean said:
Now I'm not trying to start rumours here or anything of the sort... I'm merely asking if anyone has heard of a new FBS detector from ML?

Seriously though, what would we like to see as far as options, new designs, etc?

I'm gonna get the gallows for this :tongue3:

How about a full blown Etrac packaged in a waterproof design down to fifty feet, scratch that, make it 250 feet. It has bright state-of-the-art color LCD crap, day or night. This thing weights 2.7 pounds soaking wet. It's waterproof in salt water too. Speaking of, it has salt mode. It has the best selection of coil designs and sizes in the industry. It has a lifetime warranty. It gets fifty hours on modern batteries. It costs $350,000,000.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:

Your lucky read all the horror stories that has happened to other Minelab owners that sent there detectors in.And you never bought a new Minelab you always got the ones made in Australia or Ireland.....used......

One of my Minelabs, my first Sov GT I bought brand new, the custom water proof Sov GT, I bought was less then 6 months old, RJ built it with a new Sov GT.....You only read about detectors with problems, no one posts about the new detector that works......

I bought a Whites BHID new, it leaked twice in the first 6 months, Whites had a lot of them that leaked till they changed the gasket they were using, does that mean Whites sucks, no, just means they had a batch of detectors with a defect......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Man i would have to sell every thing i own to put a down payment on that..................I think you said.... $350,000,000.00......... But it might be worth it to find that silver dime or wheat penny. :icon_scratch:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:

One of my Minelabs, my first Sov GT I bought brand new, the custom water proof Sov GT, I bought was close to new RJ built it with a new Sov GT.....You only read about detectors with problems, no one posts about the new detector that works......
But you never bought a new one made in China......It has been years since you bought a new one you won't buy a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread